Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Te Kuiti Hunter Fied Shoot

My thanks too, to Gillie, Malcolm and Mucko for putting on a great shoot.

It was a good social event, not too competitive, yet allowed Gillie to exercise his knack for making what could be a straightforward shot into a gnarly bodytwisting challenge and also wracking up the psychological pressure at times. At the end of the day, a lot more gongs were hit than you'd have thought possible. All us shooters there, high or low score, will have learnt a bit and improved a bit too.

What was it like, Phillipo, playing the field ? Didn't seem to put you off your stride ...
    Philipo, Blaser and mucko like this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Take a Bow Mr and Mrs Mucko. Great hosts great venue. As a first timer (Gong Virgin) I really enjoyed the day. Gillie and Pa Gillie, thank you for an entertaining and helpful day. Appreciate all efforts. Also great to meet other forum Members. 10 out of 10. P.S Nice Pup Mucko, take her out tomorrow at 1600hrs and intercept the Cock pheasant that was walking back up the Hill from the other house towards the milking shed on the fence line.
    mucko likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

i am still buzzing i had a awesome day with a bunch of like minded guys, really happy that everyone enjoyed the day, i need to get more gongs that is so much fun
    Philipo likes this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Get bigger one's
    Maca49 likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    Get bigger one's
    yeah barn doors

@Blaser @Neckshot @Philipo thanks guys for making the long trip up to my place. top blokes all of you

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Yeah thanks @mucko or should we call you "Big Dawg" and to Mrs Mucko for your fine hospitality, was good to catch up. Ur a good cunt

Was a great weekend, the southern boys got home in one piece ( thanks to Blaser for bringing us up ) and thanks to @Gillie & Malcom for setting up another fine shoot, the more of these I do the more I enjoy em

Yes the day didn't start to well but it came right in the end, I actually quite enjoyed using a few new bang sticks cheers @Neckshot, @Blaser & @Bagheera for letting me blast off ya bombs, just call me "Philipo the gun whore" blahaha & watch out one day I will have my shit sorted "YEAR RIGHT"
    mucko likes this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Awesome day, awesome bunch of guys, thanks to all - 'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Yeah thanks @mucko or should we call you "Big Dawg" and to Mrs Mucko for your fine hospitality, was good to catch up. Ur a good cunt

Was a great weekend, the southern boys got home in one piece ( thanks to Blaser for bringing us up ) and thanks to @Gillie & Malcom for setting up another fine shoot, the more of these I do the more I enjoy em

Yes the day didn't start to well but it came right in the end, I actually quite enjoyed using a few new bang sticks cheers @Neckshot, @Blaser & @Bagheera for letting me blast off ya bombs, just call me "Philipo the gun whore" blahaha & watch out one day I will have my shit sorted "YEAR RIGHT"
    Bloody gun whore alright but you had to do something you had no choice after the browning shit itself while sighting it in hope you are able to get it fixed without to much hassle
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Mucko did Scribe make it down?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Mucko did Scribe make it down?
    his vehicle broke down so he wasnt able to make it, meet a heap of good buggers. you would of had a ball rushy.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Great day Mucko. Never shot gongs before so wasn't really sure what to expect. Thanks also to the Gillie clan for running it, and a very big thank you to Mrs Mucko for the feed.
    Good to meet you all, but I'm still not sure who you all are on here.
    Thanks all.
    Jeff
    Thanks for coming Jeff was good to meet you, if you want to hit gongs again your welcome to pop out for a shoot

Banned
    Cheers for hosting us mucko and give your wife a cheers to mate.I went up there to meet a bunch of good buggers and did just that.As for whorlipo!!! I don't blame him for dumping my rifle for a blaser at the end because after the shoot Blaser let myself loose on his blaser and I love it plastic washers and all.........I'm getting one when I'm cashed up

bloody shit phone
    Philipo, Blaser and hunter308 like this.

Was a very enjoyable event. Good to meet a few people as well as catch up with a few mates. 20 competitors in all, 15 of them forum members which is an awesome turn out!

Big thanks to Mucko and Mrs Mucko for their hospitality, for allowing us to host a shoot on the property, and for great post shoot BBQ! Cheers very much to the guys who helped us pull the course in afterwards. Certainly made the job a lot easier for Malcolm and I.

Shooting difficulty was well balanced for the competitors I thought. No-one hit all the targets but everyone hit a few.
    I’ll post the results and a few photos after i go through them.
    Philipo, Blaser, hunter308 and 3 others like this.

Awesome day had by myself, and I think everyone else thoroughly enjoyed it too. I don't think there could have been any complaints as all ran so smoothly. Being my first ever organised shoot like that I didn't know what to expect, but I had an absolute blast, scored low but learnt a lot about myself, my rifle and picked up a few hints by watching others and their techniques. I'll definitely be coming to more as long as I'm welcome with my dirty Norinco (must have been the cheapest rifle there)...
    Cheers to Mucko(Dawg) and Mrs Mucko for the use of the property and the mean feed at the end of the day.
    As to Gillie and Malcolm, you guys run a tight ship, and put on a really well run competition. Thanks for organizing it.
    Philipo, AzumitH, mucko and 1 others like this.