Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Te Kuiti Hunter Fied Shoot

I think it is Gillie who is rarking US up! Sounds like we better put some secret weapons in the backpack. Machete, telescoping ladder, chainsaw, trench spade, no-doze, steroid, fantasy pills, bribery money, aspirins!!!!--- Mebbe a horse--porters? Sunglasses, barrier cream, support crew---

Nah. Rifle, ammo and a drink'l do.
    Looks like another great day coming up.
    Blaser and Maca49 like this.

Yup definitely going to be a good day will be picking up a bi pod (found one at hamills on special for $50) if I have no work again on thursday
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Bi pod shit surely it's all off hand?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

There is nothing saying you can't use a bipod for those shots out past 200, I for one can not hold a steady aim past 150 meters (how do you think I shot the hook off mucko's gong )

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Must be a BIG gong!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    There is nothing saying you can't use a bipod for those shots out past 200, I for one can not hold a steady aim past 150 meters (how do you think I shot the hook off mucko's gong )
    You will find yourself better off using a stick to support your rifle on a field shoot rather than a bipod. You will not have the luxury or opportunity to always be able to take a prone shot...and seldom have the time to settle yourself for the prone/bipod/perfect shot. A stick will help get one's arse around the course whereas a bipod is just another added weight to the rifle and as you say you are having trouble holding steady I can assure you that the bipod on your rifle will make it even worse due to the weight and putting rifle out of balance.
    hunter308 likes this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    definitely take the bipod if that's your style of hunting
    Last field shoot I went two, from memory the only gun without a bipod was the guy that one it
    Blaser and Spook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    definitely take the bipod if that's your style of hunting
    Last field shoot I went two, from memory the only gun without a bipod was the guy that one it
    I will take it with me but won't be putting it on the rifle unless I absolutely have to will try making the shots using the sling on my rifle to try and see if that will stabilise my aim or as spook said I could take my tramping stick which is an adjustable aluminium one and rest off the handle of that if I had to. My shooting technique is probably up the shit so hopefully I can pick up on some pointers while doing the field shoot and if it is up the shit then I can sort it out.

If I get a few shots in the general direct of the target Ill be happy, hitting them will involve miracles and I believe that guys not coming!
    Gapped axe likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    If I get a few shots in the general direct of the target Ill be happy,
    I am not sure that Happy will be happy with you impersonating him Maca.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Geeze Rushy I can out shoot @Happy! He got a buggered shoulder so easy, give him some thing with a big recoil, that slows him down @30calterry can shoot! and they've got some nice gear as well
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Geeze Rushy I can out shoot @Happy! He got a buggered shoulder so easy, give him some thing with a big recoil, that slows him down @30calterry can shoot! and they've got some nice gear as well
    Woo hoo .. I sense a challenge looming ... Bring your wallet next farm trip @Maca49 with some paper stuff in it... Cant at the moment the range is two feet under water ...

Recoil sensitivity is all relevant to the reward... As challenger you can even go first he he ....
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

I got my walking sticks and my leg braces--- hell, I'm nearly a transformer. Got a bipod as well--- attached to my hips.

It's got adjustable hinges as well-- trouble is they're stuffed.
    Eyes are a bit dim, my belt has gotten too short; but heck, my rifle is A 1. (And it has never had a bipod attached)

I'm still good at eating bbq sausages though!

Started off long while back with vee sights, then apetures, then 2 1/2 power Bushnell, then 4 power Leupold, now I need vari power to see almost as well as I used to a few decades ago with no scope. Grateful for flouro targets these days and looking forward to seeing some keen men out there who can really shoot with the basic gear I always enjoy learning from others.

Gotta go load some up.
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Woo hoo .. I sense a challenge looming ... Bring your wallet next farm trip @Maca49 with some paper stuff in it... Cant at the moment the range is two feet under water ...

Recoil sensitivity is all relevant to the reward... As challenger you can even go first he he ....
    And we will shoot in the dark!
    Happy likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I got my walking sticks and my leg braces--- hell, I'm nearly a transformer. Got a bipod as well--- attached to my hips.

It's got adjustable hinges as well-- trouble is they're stuffed.
    Eyes are a bit dim, my belt has gotten too short; but heck, my rifle is A 1. (And it has never had a bipod attached)

I'm still good at eating bbq sausages though!

Started off long while back with vee sights, then apetures, then 2 1/2 power Bushnell, then 4 power Leupold, now I need vari power to see almost as well as I used to a few decades ago with no scope. Grateful for flouro targets these days and looking forward to seeing some keen men out there who can really shoot with the basic gear I always enjoy learning from others.

Gotta go load some up.
    So those clover leafs the other day were what?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough