Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 2 baffles on DPT?

Pretty sure theses are 10g each so are you really going to notice 20g less weight? I have the same set up but a mark1 dpt and I added a stainless baffle at 50g and didn’t notice any difference in weight just a bit too n balance. I have since taken that off again as it’s amazing what it can get caught on just being 20mm longer!
    XR500 likes this.

MSL
    Save more weight and end up shorter if you chop the barrel as short as possible and use a muzzle forward can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dog is usually in front of muzzle too which will be liuder again. I wouldn't do it tbh, the noise levels are still well up into damage range with a full dpt measured from the shooter. Will be worse in front where pooch is. Throw another on there if anything.
    tikka likes this.

I think its nit picking to be taking baffles OFF. Whats the point of having a supressor on the rifle at all?? From my perspective I have had to go buy more DPT baffles as the two they come with still permit an awful lot of noise at the firers end. Yeah, may not echo all round the valley with it on, but I am wanting for my ears to not hurt when I pull the trigger. And my 16.5" .308 needs the Mk2 DPT to be wearing 6 baffles to shut it up to my satisfaction.
    tikka likes this.

I have a standard over barrel dpt on my 18" bergara and its quieter then other suppressors ive owned, i worked in road construction for 10 years around loud machines and always looked after my hearing at the yearly medical nurse said i have very good hearing as i could still hear pitches of noises you normally loose being able to hear as a teenager (im 35) and my ears dont ring after a shot in the bush with it attached so to me it works fantastically