Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Andrew boots,a review.

Most of our logging boys have switched to these and rate them highly too.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    As we discussed at the toby shoot Cam I rock the same boots
    7 days a week in all conditions, I never wear gumboots and they last.
    3 years out of my last ones like VC I highly recomend them
    Well how come you had to walk back to the house in your socks?
    veitnamcam and BRADS like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Well how come you had to walk back to the house in your socks?
    Deer standing on the road gadgetman I ain't fucking around doing up laces
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.

Had mine a over a year now as an arborist. Still going well. I Hate the lace system though. Work partner has the Meindl Airstream and they are lasting equally well and have a much nicer lacing system.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Used to wear olivers. They were a good boot. Mind you every boot I ever had always lasted at least12 months. The olivers were by far the comfiest but very thick under the feet counting the sole and tread if you know what I mean.
    lightest most comfy boot I own were my mack boots. Didn't get the abuse like an engineering shop though. They are my default motorbike boots now. A supervisor on the other crew hated his, they fell apart in no time. Go figure.
    Had some steel blue boots and they were a pig. The stitching in the toecap blistered by feet. some boot surgery stopped that.
    then the join right on the Achilles tendon started to fail with the same blistering there. tried gluing it to no avail.
    Boots not that old either. Had changed jobs and state and was just about to leave for NZ so it got to hard to get them swapped but they were the worst pair I ever had. they went in the bin.
    Got a pair of grisports at the mo. Quite a solid, stiff boot but taking a while to get used to. They give you better insoles as the factory ones are like concrete, the replacement ones are better but still nowhere near as comfy as the olivers.

hmmmm in my job driving fertilizer spreader,leather boots just fall apart,tried them for 3 years and same deal each time...so thought outside square and got work to purchase a pair of steel capped ashleys for me....3 years later havent regretted it once. after a year,fert 9mths and stock the other 3 I got another pair so now have 2 pairs running so can swap them over every couple of days,gives them a chance to air out. no sign of breaking down,the right heel is lifting SLIGHTLY but still hols together fine. just retired my first pair as have 2 more being rotated...those olivers look good but not sure how I would cope with a short heel....have tried tramping boots like that and hated them.
    great review.

I was fucked off when my $500 Asolo's full leather died. they were only 5 years old and had $150km on them virtually new condition always washed and looked after Midsole failed rubber hydrolysis).
    Company refused to even look at them. Read on a review that they have told others they were only made to last 700ks and warranty is only 2 years. Lost my business forever over that. Blacklisted me off thier social media platform after i tried to highlight the issue publicly too

One problem workplaces have is the carpet dwellers and HSE ones among them dictate what can be spent on PPE.
    They go for low price and what fits the new branding/logo/image look.
    Meanwhile the guys on their feet all day wear stuff that isn't a good fit and dies very early.
    What you need to do is work their HSE system against them.
    Put in health and safety incident reports recording the slipping,boot failure and use the recommendation part to try and get what you want.
    It need not be driven totally by the cost either the John Bulls I am back in now aren't to pricey.
    Just need see how long they last I used to do about a year at work main reason for replacement starting to get tatty and stood out when having to mingle with the carpet dwellers.
    Then they would 2-3 years at home/bush whatever.
    The new ones might be down specced to meet the price.
    Good review on the Andrew boots this is what is good too know.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Walked out of a set of Andrews in 7 mths mate got 9

Great review. I have only worn safety boots hunting because my size 14 feet limits what I can buy (limited to only a few work boot options an no tramping boots) I used to wear my new boots for a year at work then retire them to hunting for the second year but have found over the last few years that they are shot at the end of the year, I suspect that the boot makers are aware of most companies replacement boot policies. I have managed to get a new set of John Bulls through changing jobs and wore them for the last two hunts, not nice breaking in new boots in the steep stuff though.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

I only got 9 months out of Andrew ANTELAO SPX wearing every day but not all boots sut all feet Iv gone back to gronell boots as they sut my feet & last

Quote Originally Posted by kiwioutdoors View Post
    I was fucked off when my $500 Asolo's full leather died. they were only 5 years old and had $150km on them virtually new condition always washed and looked after Midsole failed rubber hydrolysis).
    Company refused to even look at them. Read on a review that they have told others they were only made to last 700ks and warranty is only 2 years. Lost my business forever over that. Blacklisted me off thier social media platform after i tried to highlight the issue publicly too
    How long do you think they should last for Iv found boots get over 2-3 years old the soul gets reall slipry any way I think if you had them for 5years that it's fair they what happen. To me boots ant ment to last for ever

VC do you wear spats when welding?

As someone involved in the hot metal industry ( iron foundry/steelmaking ) What has not come up is what temperature the sole is rated for. There is a massive difference between a pair of boots rated at 120* and a pair rated at 300* or more, for those boys doing a lot of welding investigate getting a pair of foundry boots. As implied by sako75 spats are a must.

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    VC do you wear spats when welding?
    I had some spats on for the first month or so but they were a pain in the arse....I am conscious not to gas cut straight over my feet tho....They are on their fourth set of laces now so pretty good going.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.