Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Basenjiboy
  • 1 Post By Sharki
  • 1 Post By Bushline
  • 3 Post By Fat belly Dog
  • 1 Post By TeRei

Thread: Anyone using a good hammock?

Gkp

Anyone using a good hammock?

I've used the Hennessey hammock 10 plus years ago and ended up getting rid of of it as I had too many cold nights trying to sleep in it.
    I certainly rated the ability to pitch it on uneven ground when in the bush and being off the ground and away from the damp was great.
    Some trips I am doing these days don't have much flat dry ground and it's got me thinking about hammocks again as there is a heap more brands out there now.

So who is using what brand and how do you rate it for comfort?

I had the newer version of the Hennessy with the zip side, which was far easier to get in and out of.
    (only got rid of it coz I sleep on my side and tended to roll around).

there are many US sites regarding insulation for hammocks you can browse for ideas.
    BB
    Gkp and Sharki like this.

As above
    Insulate the bottom is major upgrade for this place
    Finding suitable trees is the wa problem
    Issue arises when u get snowed/rained in
    Not much to do in a hammock for 3 days
    Gkp likes this.

I’ve had the standard Hennessy and had issues with the cold. Recently got the 4 season version with insulation but haven’t tried it yet.
    I’m a big fan of being off the ground in wet weather. Spent some nights in crappy conditions in my old one and always been dry and comfortable. Hopefully now warm as well.
    Gkp likes this.

Sea to Summit double hammock with a good under quilt. The under quilt is the key to a good night's sleep in cool weather. Recent trip we got down to zero overnight on the bush edge at the tops. I have been down to -2deg in it. I don't use a bug net yet but will for SI river flats.

I like the double S2S as it's a bit longer and wider which helps with my 6'2" 110kegs. Other important thing is to get the hang angle right ~30degs on the support straps before loading the hammock up.

Hammock shown here with under quilt before I put fly up and with the dog in it after she got cold first thing in the morning.

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
    308, Jhon and Gkp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat belly Dog View Post
    Sea to Summit double hammock with a good under quilt. The under quilt is the key to a good night's sleep in cool weather. Recent trip we got down to zero overnight on the bush edge at the tops. I have been down to -2deg in it. I don't use a bug net yet but will for SI river flats.

I like the double S2S as it's a bit longer and wider which helps with my 6'2" 110kegs. Other important thing is to get the hang angle right ~30degs on the support straps before loading the hammock up.

Hammock shown here with under quilt before I put fly up and with the dog in it after she got cold first thing in the morning.

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
    Fantastic foto. Wicked.
    turtleSO likes this.