Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By woods223
  • 3 Post By Shamus_
  • 1 Post By MSL
  • 2 Post By MSL
  • 1 Post By Ruger7mm
  • 1 Post By Southern lite

Thread: anyone using lastrite boots

anyone using lastrite boots

Looking at replacing my old Scarpa boots and wondering about the NZ made lastrite boots.

Trying to decide between their tramper boot and the lower hunter boot they do.
    Would mostly be for day trip hunting the hills around Otago. But a few longer trips and a few longer tramps.

Not really a fan of the gortex liner in most boots as i find it hot and really sweaty. Hence thinking of giving these a go. They also seem a great price.

https://lastrite.co.nz/mens-leather-...tramping-boots

Nice comfy boot but last pair of Hunter boots I had trouble keeping soles on. Had to get rescrewed with extra screws to fix problem. Great boot for fitting tricounies to for extra grip, fecking dear to do nowadays though. Overall they’re good boots, had about 5 or 6 pairs over the years.
    Micky Duck likes this.

These were highly recommended by forum member Bunji so you know they are the real deal

On my third pair. I like them

Thanks guys, any thoughts on the hunter vs the tramper style boot they do? I like the idea of the hunter being stuffer, tougher and more support but wonder if I really need it and the added weight. They also said the tramper was more water proof. What style are you using guys using?
    As a NZ maker of outdoor gear myself I really want to support locally made stuff as much as possible. But can't afford both pairs 藍

Thanks guys, any thoughts on the hunter vs the tramper style boot they do? I like the idea of the hunter being stuffer, tougher and more support but wonder if I really need it and the added weight. They so said the tramper was more water proof. What style are you using guys using?
    As a NZ maker of outdoor gear myself I really want to support locally made stuff as much as possible. But can't afford both pairs although I wish I could get both.

MSL
    I own a pair of the loggers, with external steel toe. The hunter is the same boot without the steel toe. They are a good boot made of good hard wearing materials. They are not waterproof, walking through wet grass will result in wet feet. Compared to a modern hiking boot, you’d likely be a bit disappointed, as there’s not a lot of rigidity/support, as the upper is quite flexible. Happy with mine for what I use them for, sawmilling and chainsawing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.

I agree with @MSL . They last well but are not the most comfortable. Great "work" boot but wouldn't recommend if your doing a lot of miles.

Sent from my SM-G525F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    I own a pair of the loggers, with external steel toe. The hunter is the same boot without the steel toe. They are a good boot made of good hard wearing materials. They are not waterproof, walking through wet grass will result in wet feet. Compared to a modern hiking boot, you’d likely be a bit disappointed, as there’s not a lot of rigidity/support, as the upper is quite flexible. Happy with mine for what I use them for, sawmilling and chainsawing.

The logger are the high version like the high hunter boot right. I'm looking at the lower versions I wonder if they might be better.

lost me when saw vibram sole....hate them with a vengence for bush stalking....RUMPY is the only person I know who can be quiet wearing them but even he is noisy if in plod or tramping mode wearing them.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    lost me when saw vibram sole....hate them with a vengence for bush stalking....RUMPY is the only person I know who can be quiet wearing them but even he is noisy if in plod or tramping mode wearing them.
    They don’t have vibram soles. If the sole of your boot determines how loud you are when stalking, then you need to learn how to walk properly, haha.

woods223 and CATLINS HUNTER like this.

The sole is a fully repairable cleated rubber or a vibram commando Sole, proz twin fast screwed to the inner leather mid soles to ensure it can handle the tough condition

it is however an option according to the blurb.
    I hated pair of boots I had with those soles,couldnt be as quiet and slipped a lot.... others love them.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I have the high hunters, and have used them for the last 6 years. They are a solid boot with no frills, I put insoles in they are comfortable enough. The commando sole is solid and can have tricounis fitted if needed. They do last and are tough wearing. My first pair were the low hunters and are 22 years old and I still use them for firewood. I filled the boots up with a litre each of tanners oil and let it soak in for a couple of weeks and they are always soft after drying out from use in the wet. Not flashy, not waterproof, but very serviceable and reliable!
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger7mm View Post
    I have the high hunters, and have used them for the last 6 years. They are a solid boot with no frills, I put insoles in they are comfortable enough. The commando sole is solid and can have tricounis fitted if needed. They do last and are tough wearing. My first pair were the low hunters and are 22 years old and I still use them for firewood. I filled the boots up with a litre each of tanners oil and let it soak in for a couple of weeks and they are always soft after drying out from use in the wet. Not flashy, not waterproof, but very serviceable and reliable!
    That's great to hear. I decided to go with the light weight tramper boot his does but with the commando sole to make it a bit stiffer. Will see how they are in 4 weeks time when I get them.
    Micky Duck likes this.