Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Backpack recommendation for the female in ones life

@square1 good luck with the backpack.

Just a word on the Able Tasman.

I have worked in the area on and off for the last 20years or more and although the track is great the best way to explore the area is definitely from a kayak.

Get ahold of the lads at Kahu kayaks, they are always keen on sorting out a deal for the kiwi folk.

Hire a double kayak for a couple of days, they are a bloody stable and safe craft. Heaps of storage space so lots of room for all the luxury items.

You have to do a safety briefing at the start but its well worth it, local knowledge and weather advice etc. After that you are free to what you like.

With the lack of tourists this year will be one of the best times ever to get amongst it.

What ever you choose to do I am sure you and the misses will love it, its an amazing piece of coast.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck and A330driver like this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Quote Originally Posted by kukuwai View Post
    @square1 good luck with the backpack.

Just a word on the Able Tasman.

I have worked in the area on and off for the last 20years or more and although the track is great the best way to explore the area is definitely from a kayak.

Get ahold of the lads at Kahu kayaks, they are always keen on sorting out a deal for the kiwi folk.

Hire a double kayak for a couple of days, they are a bloody stable and safe craft. Heaps of storage space so lots of room for all the luxury items.

You have to do a safety briefing at the start but its well worth it, local knowledge and weather advice etc. After that you are free to what you like.

With the lack of tourists this year will be one of the best times ever to get amongst it.

What ever you choose to do I am sure you and the misses will love it, its an amazing piece of coast.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    That sounds brilliant, thanks so much for the tip! I will look into it!
    kukuwai likes this.

And thanks to everyone for their input, really helped me to cast a wider net!

Ned
    Mentioned it before on another thread but dwights outdoors is also worth a look if you end up going a new pack. They stock some good brands and for a free sign up to their club you get some good discounts.

LBD
    These new computers are really smart... they know everything and the safety filter works brilliantly...

For example, my wife and daughter are on line and I am unable to post a picture of a back pack vacuum cleaner....

Talk about life saving technology....

Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by square1 View Post
    And thanks to everyone for their input, really helped me to cast a wider net!
    Let us know what you go with and do a bit of a write up on it when it has been used.
    You wont be the only one in the same position and others will appreciate it.
    square1 likes this.

We've used the Macpac Pursuit NZAT 40 L, which is still the lightest overnight pack available and will hold enough for a 3 night trip on a great walk in summer. It's also very good for urban travel and can pass as a cabin bag. They don't seem to sell this exact model any more . It was only $150 for some craszy reason. Could be hard to get someone to part with theirs second hand.

Past review but the photos have been lost from photobucket, sorry.
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....-review-24868/