Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Boots without the pu shit

Boots without the pu shit

After having my crisps boot shit them self's in the pu I was talking with the boot shop that I use & they went though the boots that said that these https://www.andrewfootwear.co.nz/product/dunstan-spx/ don't have the pu shit & can be worn on farms & chemical resistant after wearing then for 3 days I really like them they seem to grip well on the hills iv been on so time we'll tell if they can handle the work. So these boots could be good for anyone that wants to get away from boots that have the pu
    rupert, 308, 257weatherby and 2 others like this.

Interesting ! I'm curious to see how the suede handles things. Do they do them in blue ?
    erniec, hunt08 and Micky Duck like this.
    If you have a garden and a library, you have all you need. Oh, and a dog, and a rifle

Thanks for the headsup, I'm looking for a new pair so will try some on

I've got Andrews boots now as well. Got sick of crumbling soles - and also could be very risky if it happened in the hills.

All i can stay is good luck with your Andrews boots, never again for me.

After 7 months my soles started falling off my Andrews. So i ask for a new pair (boots were still like new) but they were glued up and a pretty average job. with in 5 months same thing happened and hadn't seen much work.
    NO yard work, they agreed to repair them again.
    this was not every day use. The real shit winter days am in gumboots.
    Wasn't long after the second repair started happening again so i gave up and carried on using them in the cattle yards sheep yards i don't care.
    For $600 boot i expect to get longer then that from them.
    They are the most waterproof boot i have owned but are heavy.
    For Work i have gone to a grisport boot and for half the price and only have to get 12months out off them.
    Micky Duck likes this.

@7mmwsm
    Yep i know they need a wash. day still not over
    I have never owned a bout when the soles fall apart like this.
    Name:  0DAE676C-553B-495D-9E71-AA3F6B7B88FB.jpeg
Views: 688
Size:  5.14 MB
    Last edited by bigbear; 22-12-2022 at 04:40 PM.

The Andrew Mackenzie boots are very popular with shepherd's round here. They have no rand and stitched rubber soles. I tried a pair but they were like concrete blocks.
    BRADS and bigbear like this.

Banned
    I am not a fan of expensive boots with Gortex or some other semi permeable membrane, cheap boots fine but with expensive ones, the membrane dies before the boots and whats left is a pair of dry weather only expensive boots.
    Full leather lasts longer.
    The best dressing ( trust me this the best ) is 'Zinc and Castor oil Ointment' sold for preventing nappy rash on babies. Cheap as old chips and leaves leather with a tough wear resistant surface like oil cure saddle leather.
    rupert likes this.

Well I guess everyone experience is different.

My first pair of Andrews 'wilderness' boot lasted me three years - everyday wear. No cow shit but heaps of yards on the hill planting trees etc !!

Mate has the chainsaw version he is also up to three years with them.

I'm at year two on my second pair of the 'wilderness' version. Love them !!!

Disappointed tho to see that line has been discontinued. I think its called the dunstan or something now....not sure how they go!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Quote Originally Posted by kukuwai View Post
    Well I guess everyone experience is different.

My first pair of Andrews 'wilderness' boot lasted me three years - everyday wear. No cow shit but heaps of yards on the hill planting trees etc !!

Mate has the chainsaw version he is also up to three years with them.

I'm at year two on my second pair of the 'wilderness' version. Love them !!!

Disappointed tho to see that line has been discontinued. I think its called the dunstan or something now....not sure how they go!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I do think different boots suit different feet & you have to find a pair of boots that work for your own feet & I do think that's why some people have good runs with some boots & the next person has a shit run but what I do know is for ever per off boot someones had a good run & just a mean people have had a shit run

back in the day we went to herrods??? in otrohonga and bought swade hobnail boots for farm work....oh how times have changed.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    @7mmwsm
    Yep i know they need a wash. day still not over
    I have never owned a bout when the soles fall apart like this.
    Attachment 212866
    Looking at that pitcher I'm thinking those boot off yours had the pu shit in the middle & that's what's failed & that's what failed on my crisps it looks exactly the same as my boots that failed & what a lot off other people complain about happening & if that's the case that is where these Andrew boots are different they don't have the pu shit in the middle but time will tell

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    back in the day we went to herrods??? in otrohonga and bought swade hobnail boots for farm work....oh how times have changed.
    Haddads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt08 View Post
    Looking at that pitcher I'm thinking those boot off yours had the pu shit in the middle & that's what's failed & that's what failed on my crisps it looks exactly the same as my boots that failed & what a lot off other people complain about happening & if that's the case that is where these Andrew boots are different they don't have the pu shit in the middle but time will tell
    These are Andrews boots so maybe there new boot has changed.

I still think a lot of boot makers are shafting us. What are we really getting for $600 dollars
    Compared to a tire for $600 you can get 50000km millage from it, Ive said it before on here guys stay i got couple three years out off those lowas, chrispi or what ever brand but they aren't wearing them every day only in the weekends if you are lucky. If i was wearing my crispi every day hunting or tramping i couldn't see them lasting a year.