Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Bush tucker - what do you carry in?

bare in mind todays education system and your name should be " eye duz inglish"

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    bare in mind todays education system and your name should be " eye duz inglish"
    Yeah haha to be honest that was a name I found hilarious a few years back when I initially made my account, but now I'm thinking it just sounds dumb... I was trying to change it but looks like that's impossible to do without just making a new account so looks like I'm stuck with it
    Check out NZ Chronicles on YouTube for New Zealand hunting, fishing and more!

Quote Originally Posted by I_does_english View Post
    Yeah haha to be honest that was a name I found hilarious a few years back when I initially made my account, but now I'm thinking it just sounds dumb... I was trying to change it but looks like that's impossible to do without just making a new account so looks like I'm stuck with it
    never mind . welcome to the forum

Rice butter and a shitload of garlic make a mean meal and a mean base for any other meal. Chuck in gravy mix/soup mix/meat/koura/all the good food out of your mates pack, etc
    buell984 likes this.

Bacon and egg pie for a one nighter with no cooker. Cook up night before you head out, divide into 4, 1 for the early morning drive, 1 for lunch, 1 for dinner and 1 for breakfast the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post
    Bacon and egg pie for a one nighter with no cooker. Cook up night before you head out, divide into 4, 1 for the early morning drive, 1 for lunch, 1 for dinner and 1 for breakfast the next day.
    yep, no mixed vege in the pie though

For the first nights dinner I have taken either a frozen meal and reheated it or some frozen fish and cooked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    yep, no mixed vege in the pie though
    Does onion count as vege?

MB
    OSM meal for day trips. I know it's processed shit, but ticks a lot of boxes. I wish they would make a savoury version. Bizarrely, the chocolate flavour is the least sweet of all of them. I find the "bites" are a better size.
    erniec, berg243 and Ned like this.

For overnight trips I like to take in a good feed of Lamb loin chops. Plenty of protein and fat. Mie Goreng Noodles for carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    I wish they would make a savoury version.
    That is exactly what i was thinking when i was looking at the OSM bars in the store yesterday. "Man I wish they weren't so sweet, there should be savory versions"

LBD
    Well first in the pack are a good supply of antacids...
    Then depends on duration...
    Fresh some times, pre-prepared spag bol sauce... or a curry, for two nights, porridge with sugar and cinnimon and tea breakie, and tea cheese, salami for elevinses and OSM with a drink maybe tea, for lunch about two.. maybe a piece of fruit.

Longer trips, start with packing antacids with an extra dose of antacids... fresh food first night, breakfast and lunches are always the same through the day, but then a rotation of freeze dry with additional uncle bens boil in bag rice and dehy peas and carrots. a bacon dry end, flour and egg powder for savory pancakes... or with a little golden syrup for a treat, some times a risotto... ... milk powder and gregs instant pudding. extra mash spud to go with dehy roast lamb dinner, ... that sort of stuff... I try and keep the freeze dry to every second night... fairly heavy on stodge food... and don't forget the antacids...and I usually make up a Raro type drink daily.
    buell984 likes this.

For brekkie I mix porridge oats, milk powder, a bit of sugar and some milo or drinking choc powder in a container. I then just add water and heatup
    berg243 and RUMPY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post
    Does onion count as vege?
    onion is acceptable. bloody peas,carrot and corn are not
    outdoorlad and Beaker like this.

Gkp
    Asides from sausages, mash, peas and gravy.
    I quite often take a "street kitchen curry" and rice for when I shoot a meater.
    Cheese salami and crackers is another go to
    2 min noodles and dehydrated mince is. Good
    Moa Hunter and RV1 like this.