Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bushbuck Destroyer pack

I have a Bino harness and smallish hydration pack from bushbuck and they both going well .

I have a couple of elastic rifle covers and one of their belt pouches. They get plenty of use and Im pleased with them.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by GlennJ View Post
    Have you had bad experiences with their gear?
    Also how about other brands like Spika or Hunters element?

Ill probably use a full tramping pack maybe once a year when I can finally get time off life to do a week long trip. Other than that my stoney creek pack works for day hunts.
    Morning mate.

I've been using the Drover for almost 2 years now on several hunting trips, carrying varying loads and really rate it. Reason I got it was I had the pleasure of using my mates Kuiu pack with the meat shelf and decided to get rid of my current pack at the time and switch out. I wasn't prepared to pay what Kuiu were after (not that I don't think it's worth it, I just couldn't justify spending that at the time) and began some research. I eventually wound up on the drover after talking to my local and going in and trying it out a number of times.

Drover is made of heavier materials than Kuiu but I rate the quality. Bearing in mind I still use a day pack for most of my hunting but anything overnight or longer i'll either take the 40lt or 80lt.

Hope this helps, my 2cents worth and as the old saying goes "Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one"

An trying out their Destroyer lite frame pack. Too early to say anything about longevity.
    Seems well enough made. As well as other brands that are all made in China.

1 thing I will say though about their service though, it's terrible to non-existent.
    They only want to do online sales. At their store (which is very close to where I work) its open 10-4 weekdays only and they don't carry stock.
    They have few racks of clothing but thats about it. Display stuff only.
    Everything comes from a 3rd person warehouse and delivery is 3-4 weeks.
    They don't want to do in store sales or even click and collect type sales.
    They wouldn't even get what I wanted in to then purchase. If I wanted something, I had to order it online.

Only managed to get what I wanted as I said I'd take the display item as I couldn't be f**ked about with ordering and waiting 4 fecking weeks!
    But they didn't make it easy.

Something to consider with anything from them.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh