Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hayden
  • 2 Post By Pixie Z

Thread: Bushbuck Kayan x Silent Gaiters

Bushbuck Kayan x Silent Gaiters

Hi guys,

Looking for a new set of gaiters, bush hunting mostly, want full length and quiet. The bushbuck ones have plenty of good reviews online and I seem to remember someone on here saying the same.

Anybody have them? Pros, cons, other suggestions?

Scratch that. Found the old thread and seems there a bit shit. Will looks at something else.
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....64/index3.html

Yeah they are okay. Not a fan of the hook that grips the shoe lases. It makes noice when walking. The rest is allgood so far

i have these and theyve been great so far - spent 6 weeks straight this roar sika hunting and their quiet and stood up to everything
    https://www.stoneycreek.co.nz/shop/c...ters-long.html

Get a pair or huntech gaiters. Mine still going strong after 20 years. Sturdy construction, quiet exterior.

Not full length like your after but I’ve been using neoprene ankle putties for the past 15odd years NI bush and tops hunting, quiet, comfortable and if you skip across a creek quick enough ya boots stay dry. Used huntech knee high ones prior to these.
    Kimber 7mm-08 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Not full length like your after but I’ve been using neoprene ankle putties for the past 15odd years NI bush and tops hunting, quiet, comfortable and if you skip across a creek quick enough ya boots stay dry. Used huntech knee high ones prior to these.
    I have been using the swazi putties for about 5yrs and while there great at keeping shit out of your boots and work fine I get the feeling there trying to cut my feet off. When I take them off after a days use the neoprene collar has really squished my legs in. Looks bloody weird and takes a while to go back to normal so thought I'd go back to knee high.

Might try on some huntech ones on these weekend and go from there. Twinneedle look great and would last a lifetime.

@Bobba I’m using Kiwi waders ones. Dave makes custom ones to suit your leg if you don’t fit his generic ones so they are not as tight as the Swazi ones plus they are around a 3rd the price

@Bobba I can’t comment on those particular gaiters, but take those Bushbuck reviews with a grain of salt. They only seem to publish the good ones on their site. Either that or every single product they make is near perfect :

I do like my NZ made Huntech ones though. Got em off here a while back. Already had a few years behind em and they’ve definitely got years left in em.
    Carbine and buell984 like this.

I use the bushbuck ones. Have been for about 18 months. I have no complaints. They stay up, and keep water out.

Remi Warren was talking gaiters on his last podcast and he mentioned that he was a fan of the outdoor research gaiters which I'd heard were really good and been trying to find in my size but they are in short supply everywhere. He said that after a season hunting with these they ones are even better in his opinion
    https://www.stoneglacier.com/product...3c52b52f&_ss=r
    Pack out heavy