Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Advice on gaiters.

Made your leg disappear though.
    GravelBen likes this.

I’ve had a pair of the old huntech ones for years and are probably the best made. The new version are no where as good. They leak a lot now. I use the bushbuck ones in winter. They stay up. Are thick warm, waterproof and snug fitting and quiet. The latest version of them have a top buckle improvement. They look durable. I’ve used them for a week total over the last year in winter. I don’t wear high gaiters in summer, just the Swazi hushputtees.

H.M
    Have just got some twinneedle ones ordered the large they were to big sent back got the medium, still to high, sent back got 4cm taken off and now they fit perfect, went on a 5 day tahr hunt a week ago and they were great, made to last!

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    My Cactus ones don't fall down.

Attachment 89039
    Are they the dupergaiter?

Something to think about with gaiters - if you are on the wrong side of 50/55ish and starting to loose the flexibility you had at 20, or worse bulging slightly in various places, then front fastening gaiters are your friend (and if you are thinking fat old bugger thats ok, but went for a shot with two guys playing senior rugby on Friday night, we climbed 250 metres right out of the truck as fast as any of us could go and man they went red in the face and puffed fit to blow my hat off. Damm near killed me keeping ahead but I was first to the top!).

My rear fastening ones are retired!

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    Are they the dupergaiter?
    Yip thats the one.

Bus driver
    KENETREK HUNTING GAITERS

Kenetrek's Hunting Gaiters are contoured to fit securely over any boot with a wide, full length, hook and loop closure that opens with ease from the front. Adjustable tunneled top straps of sliding nylon with cam lock buckles provide a shug, snow tight fit even when plunge stepping in deep snow. Waterproof and breathable Stormblocker membranes keep water out but allow perspiration vapor to escape. Heavy duty Hypalon rubber straps on the bottom will not collect snow and ice like most other brands. If you do eventually wear them out, they are replaceable without sewing. Best of all, the tricot micro fleece exterior is dead quiet in the woods! Available in your choice of colors including Realtree All Purpose (AP), Realtree Hardwoods Snow, or Solid Black. Three sizes available to fit mens shoe sizes 5-15 as follows: Medium(5-8), Large(9-12), XLarge(13-15). Imported. Design is patent pending.

Kenetrek's Hunting Gaiters are contoured to fit securely over any boot with a wide, full length, hook and loop closure that opens with ease from the front. Adjustable tunneled top straps of sliding nylon with cam lock buckles provide a snug, snow tight fit even when plunge stepping in deep snow. Waterproof and breathable Stormblocker membranes keep water out but allow perspiration vapor to escape. Heavy duty Hypalon rubber straps on the bottom will not collect snow and ice like most other brands. If you do eventually wear them out, they are replaceable without sewing. Best of all, the tricot micro fleece exterior is dead quiet in the woods! Available in your choice of colors including Realtree All Purpose (AP), Realtree Hardwoods Snow, or Solid Black. Three sizes available to fit mens shoe sizes 5-15 as follows: Medium(5-8), Large(9-12), XLarge(13-15). Imported. Design is patent pending.

• Fitted front opening gaiters with hook and loop closures and secure snaps
    • Adjustable top web strap with secure cam lock buckle
    • Reinforced boot section with 1000 denier coated nylon
    • Quiet tricot exterior in your choice of Realtree All Purpose (AP), or Hardwoods Snow camo, or solid black with StormBlocker waterproof and breathable membrane
    • Replaceable heavy duty Hypalon rubber straps
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary