Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Knives Africa


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Magnus

Thread: bushbuck spitfire jet cooker 1.4l

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    North island
    Posts
    872

    bushbuck spitfire jet cooker 1.4l

    Any one using or try one off these. I release they want be as good as the msr quality wise but for $100
    https://bushbuckoutdoors.com/collect...ire-jet-cooker

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    167
    Yeah I've got one, I haven't compared it to an MSR or jetboil. It's ok I would say, I carry a lighter as the piezo ignition struggles to get it going. Having said that I am using up an old gas canister so that might be some of the problem. Someone on here had a thread about one from Ali express that looked like it came from the same factory, cost him @$70 I think, so the bushbuck at under $100 isn't too bad. It's a good size pot so easy to get 2-3 freeze dry meals done in one go.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member Magnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    wellington
    Posts
    180
    I got the fire maple from Ali express for $80. Can't go wrong for the price
    dannyb likes this.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Any one using or try one off these. I release they want be as good as the msr quality wise but for $100
    https://bushbuckoutdoors.com/collect...ire-jet-cooker
    Get one of these of Ali Express only about$70 and with the adapter to take a pan or pot they are awesome.

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Member tiroatedson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Te Awamutu Rural
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakelie View Post
    Yeah I've got one, I haven't compared it to an MSR or jetboil. It's ok I would say, I carry a lighter as the piezo ignition struggles to get it going. Having said that I am using up an old gas canister so that might be some of the problem. Someone on here had a thread about one from Ali express that looked like it came from the same factory, cost him @$70 I think, so the bushbuck at under $100 isn't too bad. It's a good size pot so easy to get 2-3 freeze dry meals done in one go.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Have a bushbuck one myself. Need to use a lighter to start it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    North island
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by 25/08IMP View Post
    Get one of these of Ali Express only about$70 and with the adapter to take a pan or pot they are awesome.

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    @25/08IMP never brought any think from ali express or others how long does it usually take to get to nz? need it buy the end of the month at the very lastest. there delivery times vary a fear bit

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    @25/08IMP never brought any think from ali express or others how long does it usually take to get to nz? need it buy the end of the month at the very lastest. there delivery times vary a fear bit
    Mine took about 2 weeks I think 3 tops.

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    North island
    Posts
    872
    Think i might play it safe and buy the bush buck one and if it craps out easy to send it back. If i like using and use it enough i might up grade to a more reliable brand

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Vortex spitfire 3x
    By nickbop in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2018, 04:30 AM
  2. FS: FS VORTEX SPITFIRE 1X PRISM SCOPE
    By Luke556 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2017, 10:02 AM
  3. vortex 3x spitfire
    By Danger Mouse in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-09-2016, 09:41 PM
  4. WTB: Vortex Spitfire 3x
    By Greenie in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-02-2016, 11:13 PM
  5. Flying or flights in a Spitfire
    By Spanners in forum Off topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 21-07-2013, 04:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!