Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 40mm

Thread: Chest freezer

Chest freezer

Hi guys, what chest freezer manufacturer would you recommend and what have served you well over the last few years?

Banned
    Bonair was the best. All freezers are in short supply new. Are you looking for new or second hand ? I bought a new 719 litre F&P before lockdown and it didn't go. After a battle with the retailer ( SaveBarn) F&P fixed it this last week. What I would say is the F&P is middle of the road for quality but they have plenty of service techs through the country and a two year warranty. Just dont buy from a crap retail company

buy whatever you like look of and get extended warranty...buy local and if ever have issue,can sort it locally...that said we have NEVER had freezer issue and we currently running 3.....only one was brought new and its now 24 years old.

Upright freezers are better if you are storing various items.
    But for mass storage of meat etc then a chest freezer is fine.
    We had a mid sized chest freezer, got an upright one and never looked back.
    Savage1 likes this.
    Use enough gun

Thanks guys. Looking for something new.
    Anyone with a Polar that can share some thoughts and feedback?
    Sorted with a fridge freezer combo and specifically looking for a chest freezer to half freeze chunky pieces before putting them through the saw and have learned a few tricks over the year to keep it somewhat sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    buy whatever you like look of and get extended warranty...buy local and if ever have issue,can sort it locally...that said we have NEVER had freezer issue and we currently running 3.....only one was brought new and its now 24 years old.
    I hope u were leaning on wood while typing that md we have had a walk in freezer shit itself

Banned
    Also have small Haier chest freezer as well as Bonair and F&P above, Haier freezer is quite new but not great - seals all good but needs frequent de-ice.
    My Mitsubishi fridge / freezer is very good build quality. If Mitsi made a big enough freezer I would look closely