Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Which cordless drill to buy????

Makita have a good drill/impact deal at present with a free blower skin chucked in!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

For me, DeWalt 18v drill and driver, also 12v Worx drill for small jobs and tight spaces. Don't like the Dewalt Drill chuck, spits the drill out too often.
    The impact driver is indispensable. Can't imagine how I did without it.

What sold me on Panasonic initially was seeing an 18v Panasonic and 18v Dewalt at opposite ends of a steel rod and having their triggers pulled - the Panasonic turned the Dewalt backwards. I burnt two dewalts out using big hole saws and augers, and their chucks loosen of their own accord.

Then again the weekend warrior will never notice the difference between an ozito and a festool, so if it’s just for diy go cheap.
    Maca49 likes this.
    More meplat, more better.

It's a shame Panasonic are a bit of an orphan as the quality is absolutely top grade. We all know about how good their lithiums are, and they can clearly make good motors too.

My son considered going Panasonic for trade use but in the end went Makita coz most of his workmates use them. Handy to be able to borrow batteries in an emergency

years back i had a panasonic 12V drill, eventually one of the batteries died so i gutted the pack out fitted a cord and had a 12V gel cell alarm battery in an slr mag pouch with a curly cord leading to the drill. i could get thru a week without a recharge.
    40mm likes this.

Black N Decker bro! Job done......

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Black N Decker bro! Job done......
    B&D (no the tool ya filthy buggas) went thru a period when it was pure crap. i had a B&D corded drill that lasted 15 years until the chuck died.
    TBH if its domestic use only then its ok. we are talking the "weekend warrior here" and not hard work
    Scouser likes this.

I'd happily recommend the milwaukee 18v fuel.. use them day in day out at work (marine engineering
    ) for heavy drilling, tapping, tightening bolts etc and they're pretty abused never manage to kill one in 5 years while a Metabo grinder in the same workshop lasts about 6 months.

From all these reports it sounds like it's the luck of the draw more than the brand of the tool.
    tetawa, Scouser, Beaker and 2 others like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    From all these reports it sounds like it's the luck of the draw more than the brand of the tool.
    Same goes for the modern ute... There's lemons in all brands

Here'sName:  IMG_1643.JPG
Views: 261
Size:  2.45 MB the cordless in my mechanics truck, less the hammer drill as its at home

The aeg reads up well for the money, they appear to be doing a big push to increase recognition and uptake. I use dewalt, nothing amazing but nothing bad either. As others have mentioned its important to consider the specific models not just brands. We went through a phase of just using cheap gear and throwing away when it broke, was cheaper then maintaining higher price point gear. That was 10 years ago now though. Cousin went makita when his gear got stolen and its all going well for him, we used it on a remote site with no power and batteries held up really well

Personlly now I'm looking for smaller size tools (did I just say that) as they make my job easier, hold a 18V drill over your head undoing screws holding linings on to install cabling soon gets you reaching for the 10-or 12V jobbie at 1/2 the weight. AEG with its 6 year warrenty seems like a good thing too.
    Shearer likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

For the money I would buy good quality second hand stuff over cheap disposable shit any day.

I choose to keep my eyes open for deals when they come up and buy before I actually need it.
    It takes time, but saves money and i have a shit ton of real good gear that owes me stuff all to show for it.
    And it is better than supporting the chuck away mentality of humans these days.

Be kind to the next generation and only buy good quality stuff that will last.
    JoshC, Beaker and 300CALMAN like this.
    Use enough gun

Have Mikita 1/2in impact, drill, grinder, the new 6ah batteries sure woke the grinder up, just got the 3/4in impact and am a little disappointed with its performance.
    Will be getting the 3/4in milwalkie soon as I know a few mechanics with them who say they are amazing and beats swinging on a 6ft pipe undoing shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Scouser likes this.
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts