Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Parky
  • 1 Post By Pixie Z
  • 3 Post By JoshC

Thread: Crispi boots

Crispi boots

Tossing up between Crispi Dakotas GTX and Nevadas GTX is it worth the extra coin to get the Nevadas? Both were just as comfy out of the box

Cheers

Yes. Especially if you want to wear them anywhere near scree and rocks.
    The rands on the Dakota are stitched on and mine wore through in their 2nd trip and rand peeled away.
    Supplier didn't want to know about it, p*ssed me off big time. I glued them back together and use them on the farm.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Interesting would have thought the stitching would have helped, as my previous few boots have glued rands and that seems to fail first

Quote Originally Posted by Camking View Post
    Interesting would have thought the stitching would have helped, as my previous few boots have glued rands and that seems to fail first
    The rands aren't glued, just stitched. So once the stitching wore thru the rand just fell away. If they were glued as well, then that would be better.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

I rate my Nevada’s. I’m over100 and the guy selling them at field days just said don’t get anything else. Go a size up as they do tighten and downhill can cram up toes if too tight. Foot box was good and I have very wide feet. If stalking soles can feel hard for a bit but after a bit of wear they soften. Very happy so far, far better quality than my old lowa rangers and the stoney creek boots I used due to their width. Already lasted longer than 3 pairs of the sc boots
    JoshC and kukuwai like this.

I run a set of granates witch are the alpine version with a built in rear crampons extremely happy with them this pair I have had over 2 years of daily wear out of them last pair was nearly 3 good wide foot boot

Interesting about the Dakotas, i bought a pair for bush stalking as they are nice & light compared to my Andrews Antelaos, haven't worn them yet apart from a couple of walks with the dog. Hope they last!

I use the Crispi Nevada - just got back from a West Coast hunting trip. They hold up well to date. Okay not a cheap boot but for alpine work, have preformed well so far. If you do river travel - put scrunched up newspaper inside them overnight - removes much of the water. I use my mum to stock her newspapers lol.

Yep I have the Nevadas. Most comfortable boot Ive ever strapped on and they have actually helped improve my knee issues from a life of wearing red bands. I use them every day on farm and for hunting and really cant fault them.

BSA
    My 10 cents worth, tried a pair of Nevadas and won't change now. Excellent boots.

Cheers for all of the reviews think I’m sold on the Nevadas

Quote Originally Posted by Camking View Post
    Cheers for all of the reviews think I’m sold on the Nevadas
    If your not in a hurry keep an eye out for specials on them, I've seen a couple of good deals on them. I got my pair for about $600 delivered from fish city on a black Friday special last year.

Great boots, like a firm little cuddle for my feet.

Another Nevada wearer here. Best boots I’ve ever owned. Current ones have been going strong since beginning of 2020 and have heaps of life in em yet. I don’t wear em daily but they’ve probably had 200+ days in the hills so far. When eventually the time does come to replace them I’ll be buying the exact same thing again.
    hotsoup likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sika 8 View Post
    Interesting about the Dakotas, i bought a pair for bush stalking as they are nice & light compared to my Andrews Antelaos, haven't worn them yet apart from a couple of walks with the dog. Hope they last!
    They’re a great bush boot, lowland hunting etc. I just wish I’d gone to the Nevada for alpine stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pixie Z, kukuwai and Sika 8 like this.