Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: DAY PACKS 40L

Quote Originally Posted by ANDO308 View Post
    +1 for the Weka. I had a HE Peak 45L and find the weka way more comfortable, more user friendly and better for space. A mate has a Mikelat and the Weka is obviously bigger. He also had the original Huntech pack which is basic and can take a load but sounds like the new ones maybe aren't up to the same work load. I was really impressed with the Weka for comfort and weight on it's first outing. The only thing I don't like is the tiny clips but at the end of the day they seem to work.
    @ANDO308 I thought the weka and miklat are both 40l packs??

I emailed huntech about putting a chest strap on for me. Good to see they emailed straight back saying they would look at it if iam keen but i would need to know cost first,

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08IMP View Post
    So does there frame stick up at the back and get hooked up when you duck under branches, or are they framless

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    It sticks up a little but i havnt found it an issue can roll and tighten up lots of straps to get it really snug when in the bush, Find my sikita pack way more of a pain in the bush.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    It sticks up a little but i havnt found it an issue can roll and tighten up lots of straps to get it really snug when in the bush, Find my sikita pack way more of a pain in the bush.
    Cool that's good to know

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    @ANDO308 I thought the weka and miklat are both 40l packs??
    @bigbear I'm no expert but I have heard Cactus over state the size of their packs. I can say for sure tho that My Weka 40 is bigger than the mates Miklat.
    bigbear likes this.

My replacement huntech pack arrived today. Looks much better made than the last and they sewed all the bits on the right way. I hope they have smoothed out the niggles as I love the pack design
    bigbear likes this.

Any one used the hunters element elevation pack?

Got all primative and got the Mrs to sew me up a big polarfleece sack...camo on outside and blaze on half the inside......tennis ball in each corner and a 6' long piece of seatbelt tied over both of these gives me a perfect fitting pikau......and if I get a deer in the open and wish to carry it out whole...the bag can go into deer and the straps get used in Alex Gale method (the dog can carry the tennis balls if she wants from there)
    I can fit too much gear inside it and its conpletely silent when bush stalking.

I ended up buying a second hand kathmandu 40l katun in excellent condition at a very good price. Used it today and found it very comfy. Maybe not the quality of other packs but will tie me over for now.