Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Delivery issues USPS from USA

Quote Originally Posted by RV1 View Post
    I bought something from the States a while ago. It got to Japan and sat there for around 2 months. Took some 3 months to get here...
    same experience, the package sat in Japan for 3 months, musta like the sake I guess

missus has been waiting for a parcel since june got from some town in michigan to chicago earlier this week and has departed chicago but to where who knows......shes had stuff out of turkey and morocco within a week..... crazy

I ordered a boat prop from USA earlier this year. Wanted it quickly as was week before easter so paid extra for 3 day international. Arrived in NZ in 2 days and released from customs within hours. Good I thought but then it stalled. When I asked international customer support why it was stalled in Auckland they said it was with NZ agent and named them. Aramex!!!!!! Thats when I knew it'd be slow. Interestingly they said they'd changed NZ agent a year before as previous one was under performing. Aramex took a week to get it to Chch then another 2 days to deliver it.

Quote Originally Posted by uk_exile View Post
    they said it was with NZ agent and named them. Aramex!!!!!! .

didnt they used to be called fastways?........ couldnt live up to that name before and obviously nothings changed
    rugerman and Moa Hunter like this.

and this just in ......
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...transportation

what a monumental fuckup that was probably on the cards since we shut the borders

I went to San Francisco once, never again, for the rudeness and ignorance I encountered from the people whose job was at the airport, and you'd think, was to be welcoming.

USPS advances DeJoy’s plan to make mail delivery ‘permanently slower’

...when Postmaster General Louis DeJoy unveiled his “strategic plan” for the future of the United States Postal Service, which was not well received. The Republican donor, chosen for the job by Donald Trump despite his lack of postal experience, presented a blueprint that included, among other things, higher rates, slower services, and reduced post office hours.

https://amsnbc.com/usps-advances-dej...nently-slower/

It might not be the fault of the NZ people...
    rugerman likes this.

Moa Hunter likes this.

On the flip side, I've been getting a few things in from Britain the last 18 months and they are consistant 14 days max delivery.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

I see its to 20 somthing countries, not just us.

USPS has just cancelled all deliveries to new Zealand..... Heard it as a rumour and just found a link saying something similar on RNz

My understanding of it is that because we are not letting travellers in, it means there are much less incoming international flights. Most of the mail travels on said flights and with so few planes coming in, mail capacity is reduced. Locking the borders is loke putting a fence up without a gate. Sure it keeps undesirables out like viruses etc, but it also keeps the delivery guy out.....

I am not saying open the borders. I am saying there are costs to society that are a consequence of these actions and as a society we have to figure out which costs are worth it and which ones are too high..
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    USPS has just cancelled all deliveries to new Zealand..... Heard it as a rumour and just found a link saying something similar on RNz
    Yeah, see post #22. Postponned is the word used I think. Problem has been a world wide issue since last year. However with a fair chunk of the world trying to upon up and us maintaining our hermit kingdom we will be one of the last to be serviced. Also the poor state of USPS itself.

Having said that, the likes of Amazon and FedEx who operate their own services are still getting the stuff thru.

On Friday (the day of the USPS announcement) my press that I have ordered was accepted into the USPS system. It has made it to Chicago over the weekend so I am hopeful. It wasn't declined at the USPS agency given its destination address.
    So hopefully I will see it sometime. I'm guessing on experience from last year maybe 6 months.

Heard on another forum that USPS has stopped shipping to Australia due to lack of flights so might be NZ too

Got a spotting scope coming usps. It left Japan on the 28 Sept.
    Hope it headed this way.

Just go a newsletter from Titan who are one of the notable sellers of Lee stuff in the States.
    They had already stopped using USPS and now are using UPS. Reason - uncertainty of deliveries with USPS.
    Suspect if Titan have confidence in UPS, the issues with USPS are not entirely Covid related.