Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Delivery issues USPS from USA

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    How do Amazon ship?.I am keen to buy something off ebay, but the seller is in the US and they say they ship USPS so basically just forget about it for the time being.Australia and NZ seem to be among the few western countries USPS will not ship to at present.
    I recently enquired of an Ebay seller, whose listing indicated he shipped to NZ, whether he would still ship to NZ given the USPS issues, or whether he used a different company. I got a pathetic answer "don't ship to your country". Never properly anwered my question. Or I suppose maybe he did but with economic word usage.
    His listing still shows NZ as OK plus a shipping cost.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    How do Amazon ship?.I am keen to buy something off ebay, but the seller is in the US and they say they ship USPS so basically just forget about it for the time being.Australia and NZ seem to be among the few western countries USPS will not ship to at present.
    It says fastways when it gets to here, and shipped by DPD .
    It actually looks to me ( judging from the last parcel ) that they hold it at their shipping facility untill they know the plane is going to NZ.... neck minit its awaiting customs clearance in Ak. The last one sat in the faciltiy for 3 days then shipped out. 2 days later it cleared Akl (Friday) and on Tuesday after Labour day Monday it was here.
    This was a FA Intellidropper. So a medium sized box not just a set of dies.
    And shipping was only $28 USD

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    This was a FA Intellidropper. So a medium sized box not just a set of dies.
    And shipping was only $28 USD
    Those auto powder throwers are a good deal through Amazon at the moment! Would be interested to see how you rate its performance! I'm having issues with an RCBS ChargeMaster Lite at the moment, so looking at options.

Quote Originally Posted by gqhoon View Post
    Those auto powder throwers are a good deal through Amazon at the moment! Would be interested to see how you rate its performance! I'm having issues with an RCBS ChargeMaster Lite at the moment, so looking at options.
    As said this is my second one (for a mate). Pretty happy with it, I was always in the beam scale camp.... and i still think they should be anyones first scale.
    The online reviews give a pretty mixed bag, and when the first one turned up, just packed in its pretty picture box and no additional protection I was a bit concerned. But I guess with it being such a quick journey if there was going to be damage it would be obvious.
    I have had no problems and it tells you when something is wrong via beeps etc.
    The app is a great way to store loads and send them to the unit, the auto feature makes it fast to use. By the time it throws a charge i have only just seated its buddy.
    Keep in mind the issues with buying outside of NZ, but for the $335 risk it was well worth it.
    Its construction is pretty plasticy (new word) and the drain for the powder is a pain to use. But it weighs bang on and is very convenient. Let it warm up for an hr or so and it never drifts unless it is in a airflow.
    Last edited by johnd; 28-10-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    gqhoon likes this.

Well I got a surprise yesterday morning - look what was on my doorstep:

The box was squashed and torn half open. The barrel was rolling around loose under a pile of air cushions. The checkering cutters I ordered were nowhere to be found - presumably they fell out of the holes in the bottom of the box somewhere along the way.

But, I have a barrel. Miraculously it survived without getting bent and with only a couple of small scratches in the paintwork. It's not even the barrel I actually ordered (I asked for the non-threaded version and they sent me threaded), but it borescopes and measures fine.

I contacted Brownells to let them know I had received it, and offered to pay whatever portion of the original order sum they thought was fair (they had already refunded me earlier). They told me there would be no charge, and I can't ask for better than that.

I'm a happy man.
    rugerman, zimmer and bumblefoot like this.

Nice one!
    Would hope that the damage and loss didn't occur at the NZ end of its journey.
    Good response from Brownells.

nice one. Sure looks like that box has has a kicking.

Bit like AirNZ baggage handling- "fragile" means toss less than five metres onto the tarmac.

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    Bit like AirNZ baggage handling- "fragile" means toss less than five metres onto the tarmac.
    Funny.
    I once watched 3 photocopiers get unloaded out of an Aircraft when I was working in Turkmenistan 25 years ago.
    They rolled the first box to the door....................then rolled it out and it dropped 3m to the ground with a crunch.
    Baggage people laughed and unloaded the rest the same way!!!