Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Do everything pack

Get a used Cascade or Torre

Quote Originally Posted by Chur Bay View Post
    Get a used Cascade or Torre
    I did. But it needed to be fixed. I am in the process of sending it back to twin needle but direct. Not through macpac

Cactus BLT are about the right size . Good luck finding one second hand though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    I did. But it needed to be fixed. I am in the process of sending it back to twin needle but direct. Not through macpac
    I took my Fairydown / Arthur Ellis and co pack into Twin Needle for re-strapping. After months I picked it up and it is great, though I did feel ripped by the wait and the $60 because all that they had done was throw the skinny old straps away a 'clip' a new modern 'off the shelf' 'complete padded back with straps' onto the frame. A job that a halfwit could perform without instruction in under five minutes.
    TN don't make these frame backs, probably buy them from our biggest trading partner for $5 each. Perhaps they are available online ??

Ive been thinking about one these as a 2-3 day. One planet, mungo. 65L basic. Tough as, great harness. I rate my macmillan which is 90L.

I use a berghaus vulcan, 80L with side pouches removed for anything longer than 1 night. Under 3kg, internal frame, bombproof, they are pre-molle military packs used by a few armies in Europe. Rainforest here you need to be streamlined with everything inside the pack, not hanging off it, as vines etc hang you up too much. It has outlasted all other pack types Ive tried, nothing lasts long in the tropics. These were also used for alpine ops too, has ski-pole and ice pick loops on it.
    Last edited by sixtus; 20-11-2019 at 01:45 AM.