Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By BSA270

Thread: External frame pack

External frame pack

As some of you will have picked up by now I am huge fan of the old school framed packs. Tried various internal framed versions but keep going back to tried n tested. the K2 Hunter is just about perfect for me......and the other day I made small alteration which made it even more so.....
    the carry straps always seemed too narrow,so I drilled another set of holes wider in/on frame giving me about 20mm more width....someone had already done so to pack before I got it ,I just did it further still..so it would be close to 40mm wider than as left factory.havent had big load in it yet but the two day hunts Ive done since altering it lead me to believe its huge improvement...no more tightness on neck and I seem to walk more head up.
    WillB, BSA270 and RV1 like this.

Have had a K2 for many years. Good solid canvas NZ made pack. The position of the rifle support on the side is good but really needs the upper sling hook modified to carry rifles with wider slings than the older narrow ones. Only damage to mine was the end of an ice axe wearing a hole through the canvas while in a sling under a chopper many years ago.
    Micky Duck likes this.