Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Faulty new gear. What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Legally speaking, they are not required to replace them on the spot.
    Providing remedies for goods | Consumer Affairs
    Heads not right, I didn't word it very well. You are correct. But if it obviously looks new they are expected to replace it, unless it is the likes of a car or something like that.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

"These projectiles don't work in my rifle *hands a bag on mushroomed projectiles to the clerk* I wanna refund please"

VIVA LA HOWA

Really what does it matter? You have now got a product which is probably superior to the original, call it modified rather than repaired if it makes you feel better.

Watch who you try and puff your chest up with, it can work against you as they'll just think you're a wanker. People who try and act tough and talk down to me at work end up finding me a lot harder to deal with and often get told to go away and come back when they're a bit more reasonable.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Bit late on this Gibo, but I bought a stoney creek day pack a few years ago, after a few outings the strap thing on the zip pulled out, I coun't be arsed sending all the way to dunedin to the shop I bought it from and the mucking about waiting after that so contacted stony creek thenselves offering to send it direct.
    They told me not to worry about it , asked for my address and sent me a new one with updated zip puller things.
    The other was perfectly functional aprt from the leather thing you pulled one of the zips with.
    tied a bit of cord around it and they are both pefetly functional still.

So they seem to stand by their gear.
    mucko and Gibo like this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I have a Stoney Creek coat that the tape on the inside of the seams in the hood started coming off (not enough washing sweat out on my part), and SC re-attached the seam tapes no charge, despite the fact that it was years old. Great service.
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Really what does it matter? You have now got a product which is probably superior to the original, call it modified rather than repaired if it makes you feel better.

Watch who you try and puff your chest up with, it can work against you as they'll just think you're a wanker. People who try and act tough and talk down to me at work end up finding me a lot harder to deal with and often get told to go away and come back when they're a bit more reasonable.
    Couldn't agree more. It works both ways too. Much better to have everyone on the same side working out an amicable solution; you will achieve more working together than battling each other.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post

Yeah more a figure of speach in my post, was a bit pissed more than arrogant. I am well versed in customer / supplier relations

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    I am well versed in customer / supplier relations
    Me too. You pay the hooker, she provides you the customer with a relationship service.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms