Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By veitnamcam
  • 2 Post By XR500

Thread: Gas cooker leak.

Gas cooker leak.

I got this new double cooker from miter ten I think on boxing day I have had a similar single version for nigh on 20 years and it has been brilliant...... it was one of those sore dick type deals so I bought it and chucked two new canisters in it and put it in the cupboard of fun.
    Still unused today I was looking for something and had a shuffle round of stuff and gently chucked it back further.

A hour or so later Downstairs I can smell gas faintly....so faintly I dismissed it.
    Went out picked up daughter come home and walked inside.
    Daughter says it smells like petrol....I think na that is definitely gas.

Now we have gas hot water and hob and2 big bottles are outside downstairs....I go outside to check them leaving the door open...nothing obviously wrong there.
    Back inside open the windows and check the shed to see if smell is stronger there as I have camping lpg cylinders in there...Iam losing sensitivity to the smell now but its not coming from the garage which leaves inside.
    Into the cupboard....yup thats where its coming from alright...my first thought is my camping kit with the little disposable cans that I refilled....get kit out go outside and give it a sniff....nup not that get brand new unused cooker with unused canisters out and open it and one side has somehow leaked and has frozen up the inside.
    Name:  IMG_20210708_195304.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  1.76 MB

Not sure how it happened as you cannot put them in the case with the canister attached or connected.

I am bloody glad I quit smoking some years ago. Bloody hate to think what would have happened if I opened the door to a small area saturated with gas with a lit durry in my hand or gob !

Needless to say cookers will no longer be stored with a canister in them.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

If you had tipped it over onto its side with a cannister inside but not with the lever down (engaged) they can just by the weight of a full cylinder, push down just enough on the nozzle to make them release gas. Have done it myself with the single burner version.
    veitnamcam and Moa Hunter like this.