Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Gear for a few days.

Yes I have as per my post above but remember they are rated to like 25kg so you just need to be mindful of that. Like everything there is a compormise. Mines going ok though only really use it when staying at a hut or in summer etc
    #BallisticFists

Yeah I have and it's fine except for one small hole from sitting against a rock while wearing it

It can be a bit lumpy when you jam a bunch of legs and whatnot in there due to the soft design, just have to pack carefully.

Tikka, stealth tarp is awesome

For those using The lightnings, have a look at the exped flash pocket.
    Flash Pack Pocket | Exped USA

Picked one up of trade me for $18 handy little koala mesh pocket, perfect for throwing a wet jacket or fly in. I jerry rigged mine to hold my water bladder as well, as they always seem to leak on me when I put them in my pack.

Cheers for this thread boys, is well helpful.

Had my exped out for a walk over the weekend. Very comfy and can fit plenty in it. Was a flat walk so took the 'luxury' load which ended up being about 15 KG with food and rifle included.

Didnt get to test it full of meat unfortunately, suppose I could have packed the branch I killed whilst trying to shoot a spiker on the move

K95
    Have changed a few items since last update. Heading off after work tomorrow heading for the tops for the weekend. Will update with some pictures monday.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by K95 View Post
    Have changed a few items since last update. Heading off after work tomorrow heading for the tops for the weekend. Will update with some pictures monday.
    Cool. When you come back you can repay me all the ammo you fired off out shooting me the other day, by joining the club😆

Be good to have another keen IPSC shooter in the club.

Then again you like dressing up so CAS might be your thing😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Nah we need another IPSC shooter under the age of 40

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Nah we need another IPSC shooter under the age of 40
    We have enough with you and Chris😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

K95
    Alright, a bit of an updated look. Got the cuben fibre trailstar on friday afternoon and had a night under it that night, seems to be perfect for what I wanted, it's a palace for one person and a dog.

All up excluding food the pack is weighing just on 9 kg for everything inside the pack.It was 10 kg for three days including food and the extra day bag but excluding some items like rifle, binos and one walking pole which aren't in the pack.

The puffy pants have been a good investment. They have zips up the the hips each side so when I can get them on and off easily while wearing boots.

I don't take much extra clothing anymore just a spare set of thermals for emergency inside the orange dry bag. Everything else gets used daily.
    Walking poles are something I can't leave behind anymore, double as tent poles and make walking so much easier on my knees. It's utnreal how much easier it is coming downhill with a walking pole is. They're carbon fibre and only 150gm each.

Sleeping bag is a katabatic alsek 22 degree and using a half length thermarest.

Had 10kg boned meat with all the other gear in it in Jan. Handled it well. All up musta been 25kg. For what it is, im happy with the exped. I haven't tried any more weight than that. Ill not be aiming to add more meat to it if i can help it, even if the pack does not handle it, my knees will give out first, so makes sense for me personally not to exceed boned back legs and backsteaks....
    K95 likes this.

yeah K95 agree 1million percent about the poles and helping the knees!

K95
    Given the trailstar a pretty good work out since I got it. Thoughts are it's a great design but Cuben Fibre is better suited to static shapes like flat tarps. The lack of stretch means it's very picky about how it gets pitched and takes a bit of pissing round to get it sorted. I do like how it doesn't sag in the rain, I really like it.

We got hammered by a big southerly on the Canterbury tops last weekend and it held up awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dddr...ature=youtu.be

Crikey she is noisy in the wind!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!