Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Gear for a few days.

K95
    Yep. If primaloft bag gets condensation not as bad as down getting wet. If everything gets wet the down layer is the only thing that will fail. I used the Katabatic 650gm quilt inside the primaloft bag over winter and was toasty on the tops under the tarp. Got the lighter down bag for the rest of the year.
    Tikka7mm08 and Nick-D like this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I take my iPad to get rid of the pieces of paper
    I used to carry a full sized 15 inch laptop with 2 hour battery and the full sized power supply for when that ran out. Now I take a Google Pixel C tablet with eight hours battery live that weighs a fraction of what the laptop did.

Awesome thread guys!

Just a note on the wet wipes. Make sure that you try to by the ones that you can flush!

As these brake down over time. Anything else won't, just check out what there doing to the London sewer systems.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sustaina...ties-flushable

One of the worse things you can come across imo is a load of old dug up dunny paper

MSL
    What's wrongs with leaves and grass instead on toilet paper?

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    What's wrongs with leaves and grass instead on toilet paper?
    Nice soft bit of spaniard?
    veitnamcam and sambnz like this.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerNZ View Post
    Nice soft bit of spaniard?
    Is that Spanish triple ply luxury?

I've upgraded from an outerlimits starlight 2 tent Outer Limits Starlight Tent - Hunting and Outdoor Supplies.

to a Marmot Tunsten 1P tent. https://marmot.com/products/details/tungsten-1p

The older one was pretty light and quick to put up but thin floored, didn't have a lot of space for more than a couple of nights (you couldn't bring a wet pack in, and not good to live in during prolonged wet weather because the opening is right over the sleeping area, so rain gets straight in.
    Twinneedle made me an extra floor which was excellent and the total weight of the whole thing only came up to 1.7kg.

The Marmot comes in at the same weight, has a second floor too. But it has a vestibule and side entry so much better in the wet, and storage for the pack and boots. Got it from Cabelas sale for $140USD and $25NZ delivery via youshop.

Kuiu had a great stand, also really enjoyed chatting to the guys from Kiwi Composites

I know this is an old thread , but most of the contributors are still active here , so I was wondering what changes have been made to the gear/equipment over the last two years ?
    Im going through setting up of gear/equipment phase at the moment and this has been a very intersting thread to read through .

Ken
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Pack
    Tent/ shelter
    Sleep system (Sleeping bag and mat)

Are the big 3 where savings can be made
    Went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

2 things i always take, roll of insulation tape and cable ties. its amazing what you can jury rig or repair with them. however someone said they always take vaseline.
    dont unpack all 3 together or your hunting companion will run away

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!