Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: The "Gear I love" thread - An open list for good gear

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Another game changer for me, DIY Z-Aim sling. Rifle cannot fall of my shoulder under any circumstances. Easily the biggest bang for buck I've come across in hunting. Cost pennies to put together.

Here's one on my rimfire.

Awesome @MB. How can I get one of these? I've been researching them. There's one similar in the states but $$$

MB
    If you mean the Z-Aim copy, it's just some 25mm webbing, a plastic buckle and a couple of triglides. If you mean the main sling, it is a fancy rubber thing from the States that did cost $$$. Totally over-rated, that's why I added the Z-Aim.

The knife sheaths and butt ammo holders that Ftx325 guy makes.....
    Rocco and dannyb like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    If you mean the Z-Aim copy, it's just some 25mm webbing, a plastic buckle and a couple of triglides. If you mean the main sling, it is a fancy rubber thing from the States that did cost $$$. Totally over-rated, that's why I added the Z-Aim.
    so Im guessing you put other sling around other shoulder??? photo of it in use please...

MB
    Micky Duck, canross and 2post like this.

ta...makes perfect sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftx325 View Post
    Knives of Alaska. I know alot of people don't like D2 steel but the way these guys treat the steel ( cryogenics ) seems to make all the difference. I have yet to chip or roll an edge and they stay sharp for longer than my other knives, and just a strop is enough to make them razor sharp again as the bald spot on my arm for edge testing will testify.
    I have five of their knives....and trying to justify getting a sixth one. You could say I'm a fan.....
    Yeahp. Fantastic value workhorse knives. They get great results out of D2. I love my cbk

Leupold qrw rings,love being able to swap scopes out quickly with no loss of zero.or go to red dot setup on the move.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Yeahp. Fantastic value workhorse knives. They get great results out of D2. I love my cbk
    the alpha wolf is my go-to hunting knife for animal work ,awesome little knife , and my daughter has a slightly bigger version called the elk hunter i think . Would recommend them to anyone. so impressed the last one i purchased was the bush camp for general bush/camp duties (funnily enough).
    Nick-D likes this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Reviving this thread. A bit of an oddball this time - The Bushnell 8x21 folding binos. They're basically toys, but they're so small they fit in a shirt pocket, don't weigh anything, and they're so small and cheap I leave them in the car, which meant the difference between having binos today and not, and I really did need them! I suspect they would fog up if the conditions were on the damp/cold side, but for what they are, they're good. Ideal to leave in the glove box, act as backup binos, or if you're going ultralight on a short hunt.

Name:  bushnell-powerview-binoculars-8x21-3923741_00.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  17.1 KB
    MB likes this.

Huntech Rugaz shorts. Just so damn comfy, pretty much live in them year round
    canross and drunk_mexican like this.

Wear on earth down jacket

550grams, crammed with 950 loft down. Warm in the coldest of conditions. Love this jacket

$340, NZ made, unbeatable

Name:  20221113_085510.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  2.82 MB

@hotsoup Are they water proof?

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    bigbear likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    @hotsoup Are they water proof?

I wouldn't want a waterproof down jacket, however if you call the owner and request specific material then he can make a waterproof version for you