Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Gear shopping - Local vs Offshore - I know...

I stay right away from the politics around firearms. I've been 20 years out of the hobby and am only getting back into it now because of interest from my 10yo. So far the politics and law have been no hindrance to anything we have wanted to do. Getting my FAL back, purchasing firearms, joining a local club.. all easily done. Applied for FAL mid March this year, FAL card in the mailbox mid June. Rejoined the local NZDA branch in July and am ready to shoot stuff.

Either way, I'm stoked with the package I've ended up with (albeit at a cost that boarders on divorce territory) and can't wait to let it show me how bad I am at shooting after 20 years off.

You might not love the business as a whole but the actual wage earning staff at my local H&F were super helpful. And as someone that works in sales, I'm happy to give sales numbers to people that are pleasant and helpful and take the time to figure out what I need. They actually went above and beyond to get me exactly what I wanted as quickly as possible (including running around Auckland to grab the rings I wanted urgently and turning up to work early on Matariki day to boresight my package) Can't fault the lads service at all.
    Tahr, erniec, Bol Tackshin and 6 others like this.

The H&F rhetoric on here is so old. It’s pointless too. Not shopping at your local H&F does nothing to the central management responsible for the position they took, it only takes away sales from the local who runs their own actual store with their staff (not that they will notice you missing anyway). Like any business, some stores are good and some aren’t. My local H&F (Manawatu) is full of good buggers and the store owner is a real good bugger who looks after his customers and staff. Im in there far more often then my wife would like because of this.
    Mistral, rugerman, BRADS and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    The H&F rhetoric on here is so old. It’s pointless too. Not shopping at your local H&F does nothing to the central management responsible for the position they took, it only takes away sales from the local who runs their own actual store with their staff (not that they will notice you missing anyway). Like any business, some stores are good and some aren’t. My local H&F (Manawatu) is full of good buggers and the store owner is a real good bugger who looks after his customers and staff. Im in there far more often then my wife would like because of this.
    Great post

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Tahr, Micky Duck and Dorkus like this.

Cool.

Will you both be voting Labour now since Cindy has gone? After all National won't miss your votes.
    Eugene has resigned so that's another vote from you both for the Greens yeah?

Top logic chaps.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    Cool.

Will you both be voting Labour now since Cindy has gone? After all National won't miss your votes.
    Eugene has resigned so that's another vote from you both for the Greens yeah?

Top logic chaps.
    Sorry but i’m struggling to find the logic correlation lol. Like I said, they don’t miss you. Only the forum knows what you think as that’s your only impact and it’s old.
    Tahr, rugerman, BRADS and 2 others like this.

Banned
    Sorry but i’m struggling to find the logic correlation lol. Like I said, they don’t miss you. Only the forum knows what you think as that’s your only impact and it’s old.
    I think it is a matter of retaining our principals. If H&F came out with a statement that they have reconsidered their position and did not anticipate the govt overreach etc. would include dedicated hunting firearms we could reconsider our position. Did H&F benefit through sales of new firearms sold to replace those confiscated ? If so, backing the confiscation could be seen in a cynical light
    norsk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    nope you cannot say that anymore.....its not allowed.... moderators have said you CANNOT say bad things about any business on this site
    Doesn't change the fact they through NZ shooters under the bus..... Fuck em

Sent from my SM-T225 using Tapatalk
    norsk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tiroahunta View Post
    Doesn't change the fact they through NZ shooters under the bus..... Fuck em

No they didn't. The Gov did. Their CEO said stuff that the majority of franchisee's didn't agree with or likely didn't like being said, and in any event the Gov had well made their mind up and the comments would have made no difference. Time to let it go and move on.

To not buy from H&F franchises because of "principle" makes no sense to me.
    BRADS, Micky Duck, Dorkus and 3 others like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    No they didn't. The Gov did. Their CEO said stuff that the majority of franchisee's didn't agree with or likely didn't like being said, and in any event the Gov had well made their mind up and the comments would have made no difference. Time to let it go and move on.

It may make no sense to you, but to many others protesting against matters that go against our principals is the only way to effect change. That protest can take the form of a boycott.
    The question of greatest importance is ' Did H&F benefit from the buyback / confiscation with 'windfall profits' '
    norsk likes this.

Does every thread on here eventually dissolve in this kind of garbage ranting?
    Micky Duck and stagstalker like this.

The logic correlation is that I won't support an organisation that threw my interests under the bus and went along with the lies told at the time.

Your adolescent repetition of "them not missing me" is of course correct,as for impact ? No instrument yet invented by Science is capable of detecting how little I care about H&F or anyone who owns a franchise.Me living on the other side of the Planet makes that easier than to do than you might think.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Quote Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
    Yes
    Tahr, Micky Duck, Dorkus and 2 others like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Welcome to the forum. Yes, it’s very common lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post

....well they certainly didn't go out of their way to su
    support one party of the shooting demographic.

My point stands.

BTW bit hard to boycott a government. If you know of a way, let me know.

Interesting that when this post was first made it came up as posted by @chriskeeling but soon after changed to posted by @catharsis ????

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!