Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Has Hunters Element got any better??

H.M

Has Hunters Element got any better??

Have heard a lot of negative comment about there gear in the past, but not as much of late, is there gear ok now or should i stay away? What are there base layers like? I use merino so surely cant be better than that? Also i was looking at there light weight rain jacket has anyone got this gear and are you happy with it? Cheers

I've got a fair bit of their more recent gear (last 5 years). No problems with it other than some interesting sizing variations and the gaiters material color fading fast.

Technical gear has performed better than the stoney creek variant (which I had prevously) I.e rain coats.

Not sure how it compares to the new SC kit but i would still buy more HE clothing (with the exception of the gaiters)

They seem to be getting more technical on their designs which I like and was one of the main reasons that I moved to their stuff in the first place.

Would recommend trying on before buying to get the right size too.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    planenutz likes this.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

I was impressed by their environmental sustainability makeover. That’s a reason for me to at least give them a shot. I like the few pieces of HE kit that I own, but none of it is ‘technical’ and I haven’t worn it enough to comment on durability.

Their pattern sizing is obviously based on a race of pygmies. Aside from that it's maybe just OK.

Especially if your really small, or did I already mention that.

I bought a pair of the pants a few months back. Seem to be wearing well, no split seams yet.

never had an issue with any of it except the camo jackets (and dog beds) get really bad sun fade over time

Definitely better. Some good gear now. Not yet up there with the likes of overseas brands Kuiu and Firstlite who are well ahead in the game but they are definitely making good stuff now. I use quite a few of their items.

Have a bit of their gear including. An XTR jacket which was good but got water logged quite quickly, that was a few years back now. More recently was given an Odessy jacket which I have only used once hunting in the rain. I really rate that jacket and hope it survives test of time but first impressions good. Have a few tee shirts / long sleeve shirts and find them good apart from in consistent sizing.

I got given a jacket two Christmases ago by my family, and to be honest I was a bit leary of it because of the bad rep Hunters Element has had on here .
    I started wearing it because it would have been rude not to , not because I wanted to .
    The jacket has stood up to some hard work and has caused me zero problems while doing everything a jacket should do .
    To me it’s just a jacket that seems well made and functional .
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

H.M
    Ahwell thats good to hear, was looking at their halo jacket for a waterproof outer thats not $500+ like swazi ect. So might give it a go. Have a older huntech rain jacket but it has the silent outer and gets water logged. Nice and warm tho and has lasted well so be fine for some busg stalking but i mainly hunt tops so a light rain/wind jacket that is long to cover shorts is what im after, and the halo looks to fit the bill.

Mate I'm digging the new HE stuff. They quite often have some decent kit in their clearance section on website. I just grabbed a Toa bush shirt and a mid layer fleece a couple of weeks ago. Quality seems great so far, stitching is good, comfy and good wind block on the Bush Shirt. Been wearing each morning shifting stock and fencing and it's been keeping me toasty. Will see how it fairs in the bush- kinda heavy similar to my Bushbuck Huntsman shirt. Tough though. I'm tempted by their 65L packs but haven't talked to anyone that had one...

Halo looks the goods, buy it and let me know how it is! Haha

H.M
    Haha sounds good will let ya know if i but and report back.
    Hoonigan08 likes this.

I got there 40l ish pack iv had it 12 ish months carried bot 15 boned out deer in it in that time & it been all good the old man brought one there rain coats last year befor winter & he wore doing farm work mainly fencing & he's never got wet even when we been in the rain for 10 hrs he loves it he uses as a wind proof jacket to im amazed how much he's worn it & how good it's been
    Hoonigan08 likes this.

Bought one of their mid layer fleece shirts, find it’s not as warm as others and feels kinda clammy when wearing it.