Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: High end binos

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Anyone know what the NZ retail will be on the new Leica HD-B 10 x 42? It seems I can get a set here in Oz easy enough.
    Got quoted $3960 yesterday what are they worth in aus?

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by camo wsm View Post
    Got quoted $3960 yesterday what are they worth in aus?
    Taking the current exchange rate into consideration they are nearly the same. If anything, cheaper in NZ. So not worth buying a set here yet.
    Last edited by R93; 23-11-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

R93
    Cheers mate think it will be between the Swarovski and the new leica hd b when they turn up would rather buy once than go through a few to get there anyway it's good to get peoples thoughts who have used both
    The new HD-B has better ballistic software than the Swaro but seemed to have copied the swaro in looks. It will be interesting to see final pricing and be able to compare them.
    I would never use the software of either bino. The inclinometer is a great feature tho.

There is nothing wrong with using the software as long as you have worked out the limit you can shoot to accuratley before going to a more comprehensive ballistic solution.
    The bushnells are getting good consistent kills out past 600 after that we use shooter.with my zeiss I just use the rf as the software is next to usless.thank god for shooter and mobile phones!
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

R93
    I am sure there is nothing wrong with the software but I would rather to just use my kestrel and my shooter app. I always have the time as I will only ever shoot paper and steel at LR. Inside 550 I use my pea brain. I do manage to remember some useful things Unless it is to windy or extreme atmospherics.

I know nothing of the new Leica program but it will be interesting to see what LR buffs here think of it............if they ever show up.

I am sure there is nothing wrong with the software but I would rather to just use my kestrel and my shooter app. I always have the time as I will only ever shoot paper and steel at LR. Inside 550 I use my pea brain. I do manage to remember some useful things Unless it is to windy or extreme atmospherics.

I know nothing of the new Leica program but it will be interesting to see what LR buffs here think of it............if they ever show up.
    I have to do the same as the ballistic engine in the zeiss has no inclinometer and only gives a solution in cm or inches not mils and moa.at least using the kestel and shooter you are shooting to the conditions at the moment even though it only really starts mattering after 600 ish
    R93 likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Cheers mate think it will be between the Swarovski and the new leica hd b when they turn up would rather buy once than go through a few to get there anyway it's good to get peoples thoughts who have used both
    I'm in a similar situation, I want some high end rangefinder binos. But rather than pay retail, I plan to wait until someone far richer than I (KG or Brads) gets bored of theirs and sells them
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

As andyanimal31 has said mate don't rule out the Zeiss, he got me on two them, simply the best glass ever, more ranging than you'll ever need, as has been said the ballistic calc is shit in them but never use it so not an issue.
    Ive had both swaro ind lecia RF binos, the Zeiss on top, then swaro then leica, just my opinion with my shot eyes .
    I'm sure you'd be happy with any of these 3 top spec binos.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    As andyanimal31 has said mate don't rule out the Zeiss, he got me on two them, simply the best glass ever, more ranging than you'll ever need, as has been said the ballistic calc is shit in them but never use it so not an issue.
    Ive had both swaro ind lecia RF binos, the Zeiss on top, then swaro then leica, just my opinion with my shot eyes .
    I'm sure you'd be happy with any of these 3 top spec binos.
    What model mate? I will check them out as well but won't make any decisions until the new leicas show

What model mate? I will check them out as well but won't make any decisions until the new leicas show
    10x45 T RF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Anyone have any thoughts on the 10x42 geovid hds? Against the Swarovskis?
    That was my advice! forgot to mention i was talking about HD's. I've looked through them a fair bit and the swaros a mate has and I prefer leica. The ranging button for the leica is more convenient too in my opinion. But at that level I think it's just personal preference as which to go for

Anyone know what the NZ retail will be on the new Leica HD-B 10 x 42? It seems I can get a set here in Oz easy enough.
    I know in the US they're about $3k flat. Might be better getting them shipped from there. The Leica 10x42 HD's are $2800 in Aus now, just had a price rise.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian_Hunter View Post
    I know in the US they're about $3k flat. Might be better getting them shipped from there. The Leica 10x42 HD's are $2800 in Aus now, just had a price rise.
    That's $3280 Oz then 10% gst on top thru customs, so not much left in it. The best price I have seen here in Oz is $3500. Have you seen them cheaper BH?

For straight binos, consider the new Zeiss HD Conquest. I imported a pair for my sons mate. New with all documentation off eBay US. Cost to my door step was $NZ1140. I have a US mailing address (www.shipito.com), I got free ground shipping to it in Torrance CA, then arranged my my own shipping (and customs declaration ) to NZ.
    According to the boys the colours are 'richer' with the Zeiss's when compared to Sons Swarovski 8x 30 SLC's, which are a little 'brighter' than the Zeiss's.

B

That's $3280 Oz then 10% gst on top thru customs, so not much left in it. The best price I have seen here in Oz is $3500. Have you seen them cheaper BH?
    I haven't seen the HD-B's at all yet, only read about them and looked up the price as was interested in them.