Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Hunt Smart - anyone using it?

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    Have thought about giving it ago. It probably works well but i’m not gonna lie some of the ridiculous social media and youtube brand pushing put me off. Not from Tom or Jess themselves but others trying to get a leg in on free stuff and build there own following by leveraging off the product. Any issues i’ve ever experienced have been due to my own fitness levels or overall lack of hydration so spending the price tag asked for it never appealed to me.
    what do you mean.....

Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    what do you mean.....
    @stuart the social media part?

I’ve seen it propped up on tables in fast food restaurants, fuel stations, reloading benches etc. Plenty of people using it legitimately too bro there’s just some ridiculous stuff out there aswell.
    Last edited by stagstalker; 25-06-2020 at 07:09 PM.
    7mmsaum and stuart like this.

Very interesting. I've been taking Berocca morning and evening - really enjoy it to be honest (fizzy drink I guess) and hoping it would help with recovery/electrolyte replacement. The body feels great after a 4 day 60km bush hunt/tramp - much better than the usual living dead around home for a few days. But wonder if it was (a) an extra cup of water in the morning and night with 2 cups of tea - to combat my sacred morning coffee (b) it was warm and sunny, so I wasn't cold and wet (c) I didn't have a carry out this trip (can't blame my rifle here ) or d) taking forced rest breaks for a couple of hours during the middle of the day. Hum. Think I might make my own powder mix up with some lemon/lime raro powder and pack in those little plastic bottles. Yum.
    "Death - our community's number one killer"

Jus
    Swear by it

Name:  NZ Hunter # 6 - Hydration on the Cheap.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  3.44 MBName:  NZ Hunter # 6 - Hydration on the Cheap2.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  3.18 MB

This question pops up on the forum every summer and I try to repost this each time

Jus
    I usually have 2 per day when hunting. Time they for big climbs or heavy carry’s. My mates do aswell. It gives a noticeable boost for us. They warn it will screw with blood sugar levels so I space them apart, morningish and middayish. Very good for recovery too. Pretty much won’t go hunting without hunt smart now

Caretaker
    Lots of things are designed to take money out of your pocket

And place it carefully into theirs
    outdoorlad, tetawa, Monk and 2 others like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

@308 thanks so much. I've got that magazine and read that article. I reckon I'm gonna make up that mix and pack it on trips to add to drinks/meals. Interestingly, I took some magnesium tablets (more for recovery purposes) on the last trip. Feeling great which is unusual post-battle.
    308 likes this.
    "Death - our community's number one killer"

I use a mix of lemon cordial, glucose powder (known also as brewers sugar) and a pinch of salt. Mix to your desired result, been using this mix for close to 30 years for all sorts of sporting endeavours.
    7mmsaum likes this.
    Happy Jack.

I take salt and vinegar chippies along, repack them in plastic zip bag first, stops the cramps. No flash additive to drinking water required.
    7mmsaum, Happy Jack and Steelo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    I take salt and vinegar chippies along, repack them in plastic zip bag first, stops the cramps. No flash additive to drinking water required.
    This is also something I often do.
    Happy Jack.

I took a hard lesson when i let myself get dehydrated on an overnight trip with a long walk down to water plus i couldn’t get my breakfast in me as i basically ran out of water. Staggered back to the car body ached for a week. Did a bit of research and brought powders to go in h2o to replace electrolytes lost cause i sweat heaps plus i put abit of focus on keeping the machine (body) fuelled especially when climbing- i buy those gel sachets cyclists use and have one every couple of hours while climbing especially. Next trip 4 days up Lewis pass came out feeling physically fantastic- next day got out of bed and went for a run cause i had zero aches and pains.
    Snoppernator likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    I took a hard lesson when i let myself get dehydrated on an overnight trip with a long walk down to water plus i couldn’t get my breakfast in me as i basically ran out of water. Staggered back to the car body ached for a week. Did a bit of research and brought powders to go in h2o to replace electrolytes lost cause i sweat heaps plus i put abit of focus on keeping the machine (body) fuelled especially when climbing- i buy those gel sachets cyclists use and have one every couple of hours while climbing especially. Next trip 4 days up Lewis pass came out feeling physically fantastic- next day got out of bed and went for a run cause i had zero aches and pains.
    What do you use I did pretty much the same as you a month back bloody nearly killed me.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

I’m working in Aussie in a very hot climate.
    At work they supply us with these

https://supplyme.co.nz/products/safe...SABEgJ0U_D_BwE

Going to give them ago this roar.
    No fun getting cramp at night in your sleeping bag after a big day on the hill

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Basher View Post
    I’m working in Aussie in a very hot climate.
    At work they supply us with these

https://supplyme.co.nz/products/safe...SABEgJ0U_D_BwE

Going to give them ago this roar.
    No fun getting cramp at night in your sleeping bag after a big day on the hill
    That's what I use.
    Quilts are marvelous nothing worse than cramping up in a snugged up sleeping bag.
    Makes it easier to roll around in the dirt or fall out of the bunk when you are afflicted.