Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Pixie Z
  • 2 Post By Nathan F
  • 2 Post By Nathan F

Thread: Hunting Boots

Hunting Boots

Whats the go to these Days ? My last 3 pairs have been Meindl Island Pro's . No complaints ive worn out two pairs and successfully burnt the last pair. Ideally I need strong ankle support for hauling loads distance and comfort.

Has anyone given those Crispi boots a crack? WHeat else is worth considering? Im unsure whether I want to spend $7-800 on footwear at the moment. In saying that I dont want to return to bullers either

,Have you tried some of the lighter weight boots like Salomons? Outside of winter and up in the scree, they should be robust enough. Plently of support for ankles but a bit more flex and feel in the soles.
    If you want a heavier style of boot aka Meindel or Lowa some of the lesser known boots like Crispi or Zamberlan can often be available at good prices.
    Seems to be sale time on outdoor gear here moving into summer, reducing lockdown stock.

I’ve got a pair of Crispi Nevada’s. Love em. Comfiest boots I’ve ever worn, although prior to these I’d always been a poor student & had cheap Kathmandu type boots so don’t have much reliable comparison. But as a stand-alone experience I’ve loved em- they didn’t take any breaking in- day I bought em I went out for a big two day Tararuas trip & it felt like I’d been wearing em for months. Have been using em regularly (generally get out for at least 2-3 hunts a month plus use em for wet wading fly fishing trips) for almost 2yrs & aside from a little dirt they still look basically new).
    BSA likes this.

Thanks for the replies , Im sorted
    Pixie Z and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    Thanks for the replies , Im sorted
    With....
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    With....
    Meindl's 6 th pair now all up i think
    buell984 and dannyb like this.