Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Intents Outdoors ultralight silnylon jet 1 tent first impressions and review

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Nice one man. I've got a couple of his tents, both going ok. I had issues with condensation in my ones, couldn't get them venting enough. My Hopper II ripped one night in extremely windy conditions (other mates tents - MSR and a Hillberg - both tore and snapped poles too). Len replaced the fly free of charge, so can't complain about that. The pole joiner disks at each end of the tent got flogged out in the wind and the poles would pop out in strong gusts, so I bought replacements off aliexpress and fixed the issue properly for less than $10. Mine have never leaked, although I did get wet through the floor after water ran under the tent in torrential rain and got between the floor and ground sheet. I think while they are cheap, they do their job pretty well.
    Hi Josh,

i have the same tent, can you give a link to what you bought?
    thanks
    Went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

Looks very similar to a Macpac Sololight tent I have. Mines still going strong after 5 years of use. It's only rated by Macpac as 2 season, don't know why as its handled heaps of shit weather and winds.

Also almost identical to my Terra Nova Zephyros

thats crazy lightweight..all round.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I should pont out after a particularly cold hunt up in lake sumner, well into the negative temps and fuck all above 0 during the day I have moved to a larger tent as I found the jet suffered with fairly heavy condensation overnight due to confined space.
    Definitely a good warmer weather option though.
    I now use a mongar/naturehike/bushbuck style 2 man tent, not much heavier and never had condensation issues, also better for getting dressed in or just chilling if the weather is bad. I believe they are all copies of the msr hubba hubba.
    #DANNYCENT