Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By uk_exile
  • 1 Post By Younghunter123
  • 2 Post By mawzer308
  • 1 Post By dannyb
  • 2 Post By uk_exile

Thread: Intents Tracker 2 - Thoughts?

Intents Tracker 2 - Thoughts?

I've started my tent search and came across this. Anyone got one? Look like they'd handle wind well. Price and weights seems good.
    https://www.intentsoutdoors.co.nz/co...iant=514966821
    dannyb likes this.

I have a hopper 2 polyester. Bit heavier at 2.5kg but plenty of room and has held up against some decent gales so far seems to be well made
    uk_exile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Younghunter123 View Post
    I have a hopper 2 polyester. Bit heavier at 2.5kg but plenty of room and has held up against some decent gales so far seems to be well made
    Yeah, I wondered about that one. A few more $ but in return more vertical walls and only 0.1kg heavier.
    The other front runner for $350ish is the Bushbuck. Seems to have good reviews but who knows if can trust website reviews! https://bushbuckoutdoors.com/collect...-2-person-tent

Have thought about some 1 man options using trekking poles to save weight as I'll be using trekking poles anyway but sawying away form them now as want the ability to sit up and have decided the bit more weight will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by uk_exile View Post
    Yeah, I wondered about that one. A few more $ but in return more vertical walls and only 0.1kg heavier.
    The other front runner for $350ish is the Bushbuck. Seems to have good reviews but who knows if can trust website reviews! https://bushbuckoutdoors.com/collect...-2-person-tent

Have thought about some 1 man options using trekking poles to save weight as I'll be using trekking poles anyway but sawying away form them now as want the ability to sit up and have decided the bit more weight will be worth it.
    I have one and so does my mate, rate them pretty highly as far as $$$ for value, of note the intents outdoors hopper 2 is the same just different logo
    #DANNYCENT

Bushbuck water rating appears to be higher. 8000 vs 5000 vs 3000. I’m not sure what’s necessary number

I have this exact tent, looks pretty good quality to me. Easy to setup, lightweight and has kept me dry. It will condensate if you dont have the air vents at each end open and it is restrictive as far as headspace goes with 2 people.
    dannyb and uk_exile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by uk_exile View Post
    Bushbuck water rating appears to be higher. 8000 vs 5000 vs 3000. I’m not sure what’s necessary number
    I think the difference is one has a mostly silnylon inner with only mesh doors and the other has a mostly mesh inner. The silnylon one has a higher water rating but the mesh one breathes better. At least that's my theory as my mate has the bushbuck version which only has mesh on the doors and I have the naturehike version which is silynylon floor but mostly mesh upper.
    Puffin likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Did a lot of research last night and now pretty fixedon getting a Naturehike Mongar 2. From aliexpress it's NZ$204 delivered and it's same specs as Intents Hopper 2 Silnylon $349 and very similar specs to Bushbuck Horizon 8000 currently $349. I can wait for delivery for almost $150 saved!
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...archweb201603_

Chosen that beacuse the MSR Hubba Hubba clone Mongar/Hopper/Horizon has more vertical space than the Tracker/Cloudup and it's only 0.1kg more weight at 2kg vs 1.9kg. But if I can locate the Mongar 15D version it's actually lighter at 1.57kg

Just in case anyone is following this thread I waited until the 11.11 sales and ordered the 15D version of Naturehike Mongar 2.
    Arrived yesterday! That's 13 days from China. Well packaged too. Put it up last night and took a few photos so will type up a review sometime and start a new thread.
    rugerman and elcaro like this.