Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Kuiu gear

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    I had a package turn up today from kuiu... Cap, ultra merino beanie, glassing mitts and a ultra Tiburon zip T. All in verde. Impressed with all it and looking forward to getting the next order of things that are currently on backorder... Ultra 145 zip T's, new alpine pants and a Kenai jacket. I have a superdown hooded jacket Dave, so will be able to compare the 2 of them when the Kenai arrives.

The only thing that I would change with my superdown jacket would be to get a medium rather than large I think...
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    I had a package turn up today from kuiu... Cap, ultra merino beanie, glassing mitts and a ultra Tiburon zip T. All in verde. Impressed with all it and looking forward to getting the next order of things that are currently on backorder... Ultra 145 zip T's, new alpine pants and a Kenai jacket. I have a superdown hooded jacket Dave, so will be able to compare the 2 of them when the Kenai arrives.

The only thing that I would change with my superdown jacket would be to get a medium rather than large I think...
    Donate to me your large Superdown. You know it is way too big and will only piss you off.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

If there's a mutual donation back of a medium then we may have a deal! I think I'll keep it for good though as it's a black 1 so fine around town. Might get a medium 1 day but not in a rush...

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    If there's a mutual donation back of a medium then we may have a deal! I think I'll keep it for good though as it's a black 1 so fine around town. Might get a medium 1 day but not in a rush...
    Too many pies this end. I would be in the same boat wishing it was an XL
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Too many pies this end. I would be in the same boat wishing it was an XL

Have you guys just being getting your normal size that you wear regarding the Kuiu tops and pants?
    I have only got some gloves hats and bino harness so far and found that with a couple of sitka tops I have that I needed to go up one size but then the merino top still shrunk by at least 1.5 sizes and hasn't latest very well

Pants seem pretty right, I'm a 34 in jeans and my attack pants are 34 too and fit well. My tops are either med or large depending on what layer they are.

To add to that, I don't have any of their merino tops yet (got some on backorder). The ultra Tiburon top I have is a medium, I have a medium (I think) guide vest, large superdown jacket and large Chugach NX jacket. I have the jackets with me so can add photos if you want?

No, don't need the photos thanks mate. Sounds like the sizing is pretty much as you would normally get?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Have you guys just being getting your normal size that you wear regarding the Kuiu tops and pants?
    I have only got some gloves hats and bino harness so far and found that with a couple of sitka tops I have that I needed to go up one size but then the merino top still shrunk by at least 1.5 sizes and hasn't latest very well
    I've found the same as The Claw in the sizes do follow normal kiwi sizing. My Ultra Tiburon top (which is firkin awesome by the way) is one size up as was suggested by the Kuiu guy over the phone. He suggested most people are buying a size up in that line.
    Dreamer likes this.

Ejected
    You guys have thrown a spanner in the works, Mrs is off to the states in a couple weeks and was going to get her to bring back some more gear for me, LOVE my yukon jacket. I was thinking the super down vest for wearing underneath when sitting around in the cold, and drizzle.

Anyone with both able to post some photos, including packed into the stuff sack pocket for comparison?

Their site is so dangerous, everytime I have a look I find something else that I 'need'.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I've found the same as The Claw in the sizes do follow normal kiwi sizing. My Ultra Tiburon top (which is firkin awesome by the way) is one size up as was suggested by the Kuiu guy over the phone. He suggested most people are buying a size up in that line.
    Thanks for the info mate

K95
    The 2015 gear is up on the website. Ultra NX looks the biz
    paddygonebush likes this.
    "Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.”

I've got one order placed, think there will be some more following it once I have had a go with the gear that's on its way. Some good looking gear in the back order situation, might order that now to be sure to have it for next winter (providing I don't eat too many pies before then)
    Blaser and kiwijames like this.

Yeah 4hat nx jacket is pretty light and ideal if they are as breathable as they say. Im really kiking their white camo pattern at the mo
    Munsey likes this.
    #BallisticFists