Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Kuiu gear

Ejected
    At the end of the day it's about quality control more so than where it's made.
    The Claw, R93, Beaker and 3 others like this.

If they rock an Icebreaker type deal and actually care for their works that would be ok, I've got no problem with Chinese gear if like you say the quality is good. It is the modern day slavery that Apple have that annoys me. Can't really find much online about Toray's factories.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
    I was just reading their website and it annoys me, they go on about the best quality and all the other shit they spiel and the gear is all made in China like everything else, after claiming he was doing things differently from Sitka.
    Hi Tombi,
    There might be a little confusion here with the differences between KUIU and Sitka, which is understandable. Yes a lot of KUIU gear is made in China, but the quality is not lost by doing this. China is responsible for some of the cheap and nasty gear, and also for some of the finest made stuff in the world. KUIU uses one of the best to ensure the quality is the highest possible.

The difference with KUIU and Sitka is largely the business model's. Sitka is owned by W.L.Gore (Gore-tex) and produces their gear to sell through retailers.
    KUIU is a consumer direct business model, which removes the retailer mark up which is generally around 50%. This enables KUIU to make the most advanced hunting gear on the market and sell it for a more affordable price. Check out this blog link it will explain it in more detail, and why Jason started KUIU - KUIU CALLED OUT « Building KUIU

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me any time.
    Cheers,
    Shaun

You mean they can keep the price at top market price reaping the profits for themselves while the customers have to order blindly and take the hit on having to reorder to get correct size like we have seen on this forum in the last few months
    PerazziSC3 likes this.

Ejected
    Interesting, I used the sizing guide they supply each time, measured myself and had no issues whatsoever.

If you want top end gear your always going to pay top end prices.

Haters gonna hate
    Blaser, 199p, scoped and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post
    You mean they can keep the price at top market price reaping the profits for themselves while the customers have to order blindly and take the hit on having to reorder to get correct size like we have seen on this forum in the last few months
    Yep, noted.

B

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Interesting, I used the sizing guide they supply each time, measured myself and had no issues whatsoever.

Haters gonna hate

Lucky you, my experience thus far with a small order placed at the Sika show has left a lot to be desired....as for waiting 12 months for a set of gaiters, that's a fukn joke, I don't care what the business model is.

B

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post

Haters gonna hate
    I guess it's easy when all your gear is 4xl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    shift14 likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post
    I think if you actually compare Sitka vs Kuiu prices for similar products you will find the Kuiu considerably cheaper.
    Size wise I'm with Nibblet. All the items I have ordered were bang on.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    I guess it's easy when all your gear is 4xl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is always a positive side, even to being a fatty

R93
    I have had no problems with sizes just waiting for shit. But I have to say for the time it took, the orders never got lost and I was contacted regarding progress.

The gear I have got is top notch.
    Couldn't be happier with the quality. I will continue to buy their gear I will just plan the need part a bit better😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Nibblet likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    Lucky you, my experience thus far with a small order placed at the Sika show has left a lot to be desired....as for waiting 12 months for a set of gaiters, that's a fukn joke, I don't care what the business model is.

B
    Trouble goes out of it's way to find you
    BRADS and shift14 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun@KUIU View Post
    Hi Tombi,
    There might be a little confusion here with the differences between KUIU and Sitka, which is understandable. Yes a lot of KUIU gear is made in China, but the quality is not lost by doing this. China is responsible for some of the cheap and nasty gear, and also for some of the finest made stuff in the world. KUIU uses one of the best to ensure the quality is the highest possible.

The difference with KUIU and Sitka is largely the business model's. Sitka is owned by W.L.Gore (Gore-tex) and produces their gear to sell through retailers.
    KUIU is a consumer direct business model, which removes the retailer mark up which is generally around 50%. This enables KUIU to make the most advanced hunting gear on the market and sell it for a more affordable price. Check out this blog link it will explain it in more detail, and why Jason started KUIU - KUIU CALLED OUT « Building KUIU

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me any time.
    Cheers,
    Shaun
    I wasn't comparing business models only the fact that like Sitka, Kuiu is now made in China, which is fine if quality is kept. my question is what are Toray's factories like? if the gear is made by a 12 year old or some of China's other sketchy situations I don't want it.

Got my ultra tiburon shirt and kenai hooded jacket the other day and sizing was perfect.
    Nibblet and Shaun@KUIU like this.
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Got my ultra tiburon shirt and kenai hooded jacket the other day and sizing was perfect.
    Yup no problem with my guide jacket or hoodie.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1449037142354.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  984.9 KB

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Dreamer, Shaun@KUIU and hotsoup like this.