Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Lightweight cooking system

Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    +1, and a lot cheaper, on sale at T7 at present. use the change to grab a frypan for your morning bacon and eggs. For lightweight try a Firemaple titanium cooker for $55 and a 750ml titanium pot of Aliexpress. All sorted for under a hundy.
    @ROKTOY That Primus looks a good general purpose cooker!
    ROKTOY likes this.

I dont use the cat food type..mine is beer can..well actually bottom of billy maverick LTD...same as small redbull.I made it short enough to fit inside folded heximine cookerframe...along with tiny tin lid off chai latte tin...a coin and wee bic lighter. my pint SS mug will sit happily on the semi folded hexi frame.
    tried a few designs...257W gave me some flash as ones ,but when I did the boil Vs time Vs meths used...the basic penny cooker came out on top...surprised me no end,filled in whole afternoon testing.
    my meths resiviour is a pill bottle.one wee bottle more than enough for weekend....carry a few hexi pellets just incase ever run out,havent done so yet.
    Carbine, johnd and paremata like this.

So I finally got around to getting a new cooking system I had a cheap APG cooker like a jet boil but cheaper. But the igniter crapped out so I've been on the search for a new one.
    So I brought a Soto windmaster and did a mod to my cooking pot so it fitted on the Soto.
    I then did a test with 500ml of water in my titanium cup and the APG pot to see what worked best and which was the quickest.
    The titanium pot took 2.09 min and the APG pot took 1.20min
    A plus is I can fit a canister the burner and a canister holder into the APG pot .

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk
    johnd, erniec and Moa Hunter like this.

Banned
    I've got a Windmaster, but you've got me licked on boil time at 1.20 with the modded APG pot - (I use a modified 750 ml stainless pot). How does that time compare to the really flash expensive cookers ?

Soto windburner with Firemaple heat exchanger titanium pot
    1Litre in 1min 47 sec on an LPG refilled canister

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    johnd and Moa Hunter like this.