Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Manitoba Expedition 85 + pack

Has anyone on here tried the Manitoba Expedition 85 + back pack, and is it any good ? Any similar alternatives as good, or better ?

Hey mate. Yeah I picked one up a while back essentially cos I was after a larger pack for multi day trips and hauling kids gear with me. Ive taken it away on on 4 day tahr trip near Cook only so far. Initial impressions is that im happy for the price. Its a big pack and Im a bit of a midget but I can get a comfortable fit with a 20 odd kg load. Its pretty feature rich for its price point, carrys a rifle well enough. Cos its big its easy to pack it poorly and have the weight poorly distributed or top heavy so it can wobble around a bit. Pack it well and its far less of a problem. Ive played with the flash Myster Ranch packs and I found this slightly more comfortable for my frame (alot cheaper too) havent used the meat shelf feature but looks like it should work fine. Runs a hydration bladder fine. Prick load of pockets and zips seem to be quality. So yeah, so far happy enough with it. Long term quality remains to be seen but nothing looks glaringly shit. Hope this helps