Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Markhor big horn anyone used one?

Seen a good deal on markhor bighorn 75l plus. Anyone had any first hand experience with one? Are they in the same league as the tatonka packs?

I have one of the older ones, different name, lots of features suitable for hunting.
    Ammo loops on back pocket, rain cover in the bottom, Fluro hood in the lid (for the walk out), blood bag, rifle loops on pack, side pockets and compression straps for when its only part full, hydration pocket and port.

I like it, however its heavier and possibly not as robust as my very old fairydown TeraNova which is basically a large formed bag, nothing extra and anytime you want something everything comes out.
    Mostly the last few years I have been using the 35 ltr Markhor for 1-3 day hunts. Last one it was at 22kg load.
    Z
    Last edited by ZQLewis; 11-01-2023 at 10:42 PM.

Cheers for the info. I have got one of the markhor 35lt packs the corsica I think, had it around 10 years now it's held up well. Just wasnt sure about the bigger packs durability against the likes of a tatonka bison both the only negative I could see was the side pockets were made of a plastic mesh which iam not sure would hold up in the bush.