Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Maxtoch NZ version vs international

Yep - just send it to Brian and let him know any probs. All fixable - and I'll be interested to see how it goes with the upgrade.

@gadgetman - have a good look at this thread..
    rugerman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    Thanks Mudgripz, yeah mate I dragged all my torches out last night and the little SN6X-2 is still going I'm pretty sure it's dedomed since Manualman was kind enough to show me his dedoming skills a few years ago. that was the first torch that showed me just how ridiculous all the other ones were.
    I fired up the 2s and it seems to be going, but can't remember if it was an overheating issue which would turn it off. I will give it a kicking and see if I can get it to fault again. No harm in upgrading the components though
    It may have just been a contact issue, where sometimes the tail cap doesn't make good contact with the batteries etc...
    Make sure the retaining ring for the switch in the tail cap is done up tight. The battery tube can also be backed out of the head a turn or two too.

I'm still running the original SN6 that @Bushrash modified for me way back. It is running the same internals as the current models.
    Bushrash and rugerman like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Thanks a bunch Gadget I can't remember if the tailcap threads were part of the circuit or not. I seem to remember something about lubing it with either a conducting or non conducting grease ? lol very different things of course I will flick you a PM once I have got my light sabres in a row and sort the wheat from the chaff

Yeah Mauser, they sure kick arse. On the coastguard front I'm sure they would have a use for an uber mega super maybe 4 X as powerful as the 2X type torch. Something like that stirs my loins I believe that our torch gurus were thinking about bringing some bits in and doing some design, but as mentioned the shipping hassles etc... is making it a bit tricky for the while.
    Last edited by rugerman; 04-11-2021 at 05:34 PM.
    gadgetman likes this.

We're off shooting on saturday night. A north Canterbury farm we've had for near 15 years and where more than once we popped over 1000 bunnies in an evening. This is where/why the maxtoch hunters grew and developed. Typical kiwi attitude ... looked for the best hunting lights around, then "nah we can do better than that - we'll do it ourselves!! "

Must admit I do have a bit of an itch to build some more but finding an honest manufacturing company in china??? : That's an oxymoron really..
    Last edited by mudgripz; 04-11-2021 at 06:43 PM.
    gadgetman and rugerman like this.

I have a mate who is into electronics and builds prototypes with his cnc machine, so after the design phase we could always knock up a few for a select group of night haters
    maybe some sort of modular system so you could swap a larger battery tube, for the grunt you would need for a long range searchlight. And a twin battery tube for "normal" paddock sweeping and the like.
    mudgripz and gadgetman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    While you're at it ask him about that old SN6X-2. Might poss be upgradeable too. Great old torch those..
    Got 1 of those. But the new led must be compatible to the rest of the internals? Old timers grew up with 303's . Some privileged hunters grew up at night with the CHCH Pixies toys. LOL.
    rugerman likes this.

Thanks for all your comments, these original 2X's it seems were real icons. Damn, I'm too late!

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    maybe some sort of modular system
    That is exactly the intention we have. Everything modular. Any head can match any battery tube, etc.
    rugerman and Stag like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by livingwild View Post
    Thanks for all your comments, these original 2X's it seems were real icons. Damn, I'm too late!
    Not icons. They were quality toys that annihilated heaps of deer. Trust me having also done the rounds with lugging 17amp gel batteries miles at night then the rounds with the light force.The LF could not cope with constant turning off and on and more so if you wanted to conserve your 17amp gel battery. But nothing compared with the lights from CHCH. Still chuckle with my mate as I once turned the light off as we had 5 big deer on the ground and had at least 5 more running towards us as they were totally confused about the light. The craze about thermal is overrated for value and return on money. A major retailer told my mate he thought the Pulsar including the top of the line stuff was rubbish quality wise. Never going to see that comment in their 4x a year brochure are you.

I reckon the new Maxtoch's aren't the same build quality either. Had a member on here send me his old 2X and the quality was excellent. I reviewed the L3K for Maxtoch and it was a disappointment, others also have noticed.

For the price Maxtoch should be providing 3-5 years warranty, keeping at 12 months kind of says something.