Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Maxtoch Torch and Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post

Can you techno guru’s please explain what de-domed means
    There is a clear dome on the LED. This focuses the light forward which is not desirable with a good reflector. By removing this dome more light spills sideways where the reflector can do a much better job of directing it where it should go. Typically this will just over double the intensity of the hot spot. A udsefull side effect is the yellower tint that results.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimitsu View Post
    I used petrol to de-dome my torch, pretty easy and as far as I can see very low risk.
    I would not recommend this method as it tends to also eat the phosphorous layer which results in lower output and a bluer hue than the heating method.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I would not recommend this method as it tends to also eat the phosphorous layer which results in lower output and a bluer hue than the heating method.
    sorry I not responded b4
    I must have this Forum set up wrong - as when I answer a Q or post - it vanishes ??

Also when I make a Thread - it buggars off too until someone comments on it ??