Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New Boots

Have you had problems with asolo boots? I've got a pair of sareks and have also had Bestard kathmandus, both have been pretty good. I rate them as being pretty tough hard wearing boots, both are hot as hell tho, I've avoided wearing them in summer months.

Gronel hunters I think, 3 years old now worn most days upper just starting to peel from sole on one. Super happy with them comfy but a new pair looks like being almost twice the price.
    How can this be when the Kiwi dollars doing well and the Italian economys stuffed?
    veitnamcam likes this.

Get a decent pair of sneakers for tops and stick to your bullers/ashleys for rivers , thats the combo I run and cant speak highly enough, cheap and easy, and if its crispy underfoot in the bush sling the ashleys off and go on in socks!!!
    You know, if you need 100 rounds to kill a deer, maybe hunting isn't your sport.

I got some boots from an Ausy sports retailer in Hamilton about three years back that was shutting down 50% discount
    They had a special feature - after about three trips the soles pealed off
    I was going to biff them but thought I would try a boot repair shop in Tauranga - $60 guaranteed to stick them back on better than new
    Been wearing them three days a week for last year - going great
    Love the goretex lining and nice and waterproof
    Ahh - forgot to mention brand. - AKU - made in Italy - old story - you get what you pay for - next time will be Mendle

Mendle or Lowa - go for which ever is more comfortable for you foot. They both offer light, med and hvy weight boot. I very much like the Lowa Seeker and then the Outlander haven't had a chance to try the current light weight option (Z-8S) from LOWA as I'm still waiting for my Outlanders to die.
    Manufactured Commercial Small Arms 2010 USA Vs. Commercial Small Arms 2010 Imported to NZ
    ... 1,800,000.00 / 8,000.00 = 0.44%

My gummies have finally let the water in after 2 years of walking the pit and the hills and rivers.
    New hunting boots
    Name:  picture 5650.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  164.4 KB
    HNTMAD likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

I bought a pair of Kaylands while living overseas and rate them. They're 10 years old and only now starting to come to an end. They were worn nearly every day for work during the first couple of years, now just for outdoors stuff at home and the odd tour working somewhere cooler. Interestingly the glue, rand and leather has stood up to the odd splash of Jet fuel which I have found to be a boots undoing in my industry. They have a wide fit and toe box which suits my foot. I was surprised how effective the Gore-Tex liner was although it does make them too warm when it is over 30°C.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  103.2 KB
    Kayland | Products

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I think I started this thread? So should updated it. I had my old K2's re soled by Ezi Direct. Good job and as the upper was still in good nic I think this was the best way to go.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

I love my gumboots
    https://youtu.be/5tAWwqKNI7g
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive