Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New Leica Rangefinding Binoculars

How big is it Greg? Looks huge in the pic
    VIVA LA HOWA

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    You never say that to me when I send you photo's????
    Toby likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    187 x 135 x 80mm

Name:  HDB, 300 WSM & 30-375R 001 (480x640).jpg
Views: 426
Size:  137.1 KB

I have a borrowed pair of Zeiss binos to play with.

Interestingly the Zeiss are better in very low light than the HDBs .......

I prefer the HDBs overall, the ranging is very quick & I can easily see the readout.

I might be doing something wrong with the Zeiss, but I can barely see the display in decent daylight & need to move them to see it.... very frustrating.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    187 x 135 x 80mm

Attachment 19504

I have a borrowed pair of Zeiss binos to play with.

Interestingly the Zeiss are better in very low light than the HDBs .......

I prefer the HDBs overall, the ranging is very quick & I can easily see the readout.

I might be doing something wrong with the Zeiss, but I can barely see the display in decent daylight & need to move them to see it.... very frustrating.
    I had the same experience with the Swaro EL Ranges display... Leica have their display sorted. Way easier to read that others I have tried.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    I had the same experience with the Swaro EL Ranges display... Leica have their display sorted. Way easier to read that others I have tried.

May have been a faulty set Sam?
    My (Now old, coz I got them within days of ordering when they were available on the market) swaro's are adjustable thru 4 brightness levels and is easy to read on the highest setting in any conditions I have used.
    Pain in the ass if you do not return it to a hunting setting as it is friggin bright when you zap a target in low light.

IIRC I had the same trouble with the ones I tried many moons ago now, when they first showed up, might even have been the same pair....

Very nice glass, but overall not my cup of tea, so I got a set of basically NIB HD Geovids for half the cost & was very happy with them.

R93
    IIRC I had the same trouble with the ones I tried many moons ago now, when they first showed up, might even have been the same pair....

Very nice glass, but overall not my cup of tea, so I got a set of basically NIB HD Geovids for half the cost & was very happy with them.
    But now you bought Leicas, worth maybe $800 more than the swaro's (Got mine for under 3K) and they have also obviously copied the hull design of the swaro? Only difference in the Leica will be the glass and ballistic calc which is neither here nor there if you have a smart phone
    Last edited by R93; 26-01-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    But now you bought Leicas, worth maybe $800 more than the swaro's (Got mine for under 3K) and they have also obviously copied the hull design of the swaro? Only difference in the Leica will be the glass and ballistic calc which is neither here nor there if you have a smart phone

You are fishing again Dave & I will bite...

You really get some great deals, new Swaros for 3k.....like your Blasers.... Bargin....

The retail on the Swaros, Zeiss & Leica are quite similar.....

The ballistic calc should be great, had a little play & using the G7 ballistic calculation it is spot on with Shooter, which means out to 1000 yards I can range the animal push the button & have the dial straight away, without having to put all the numbers, including angle into Shooter, much much faster.....

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar

You really get some great deals, new Swaros for 3k.....like your Blasers.... Bargin....

The ballistic calc should be great, had a little play & using the G7 ballistic calculation it is spot on with Shooter, which means out to 1000 yards I can range the animal push the button & have the dial straight away, without having to put all the numbers, including angle into Shooter, much much faster.....
    Not to mention the superior range finder in the Leica from my experience. I almost got a pair of the EL's when the Leica were delayed yet again. Quoted price was the same as I paid for the Leica's. I'm really happy I waited to get what I wanted...

If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Not to mention the superior range finder in the Leica from my experience. I almost got a pair of the EL's when the Leica were delayed yet again. Quoted price was the same as I paid for the Leica's. I'm really happy I waited to get what I wanted...

+ 1 even though they took ages to get here.

I sold my HD Geovids in April/May & have been patiently waiting since then...

IIRC The ELs took ages to get here as well.....

R93

No I am not fishing Greg. A forum member sourced my Swaros for me. He can if he wants, verify, I paid well under 3K. I have had my Blaser rifle for 15yrs and my F3 for 7years what are you on about?

You obviously use your shooter app different to me as all I need to manually enter, is angle and I then wheel in the range and wind, not that long really to have a soloution. Any fool will have his atmosphereics already in for the day.
    Most people would fuck around longer setting up behind the rifle for a shot to make any time saved negligible in my experience.

The truth is, the binos are a much of a muchness when compared to each other apart from slight differences in glass, ergonomics and software. Swaros being maginally better in 2 out of 3 of those imo.
    Last edited by R93; 26-01-2014 at 11:44 AM.

R93

How are they superior Sam? Do they range further? Faster?

R93
    IIRC The ELs took ages to get here as well.....

Whos fishing? I have had mine swaros 18 months!!! How long have you had your Leicas?

How are they superior Sam? Do they range further? Faster?
    I thought you would know that Dave because going by this post you have compared them side by side......

The truth is, the binos are a much of a muchness when compared to each other apart from slight differences in glass, ergonomics and software. Swaros being maginally better in 2 out of 3 of those imo.
    I have had Geovids for years before Swaro decided they had missed the boat & finally made some range finding binos......