Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New XML chip hunting lights - some ideas

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    So is that the Maxtoch SN through Ali Baba - great price if it is. Is that airpost or shipping? Shipping time?
    Just dealing direct with maxtorch,,,,went through Ali to start with,,,,,,The girl at maxtorch is a legend ,,,,freight is china airmail 15-20 days could of done DHL for for another $18US and be here in a few days
    DONT BE A FOOL INDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU PULL

Keen for torch ,charger and batteries.

Had a few parcels turn up the other day one of them being the the maxtorch sn6x ,,,,first impressions looks pretty good ,well made ,,,good service ,,,and bright with good throw ,,will get up the back over the next few nights and do some comparasions,,,the better batteries well worth the investment.
    While geting the batteries from manafont got them to throw in a SUN ZY-C10-S ,,,cool little torch sort of another version of the x2000,,with a bigger lense ,,not bad quality for the money $14 us i think it was ,,,,have a couple of crazy bright x2000's compared to my other ones,, even the ones ive modded,, and will take one of the chips from them and put into the c10 chasis ,,,with the better lens and magnfication could be a really cool light
    Must say the the misus looking sideways at the pile of torches in the cupboard now haha ,,,,

Jed
    Half dozen SN torches arrived yesterday, chargers and batteries to pick up on monday. Nice piece of kit, really appreciate the advice.

Any one tried the Maxtoch HI6X-13? May have to order one to curb the illumination type device OCD.

A good read

Cree - Flashlight Wiki

Well after a little research it apears the maxtoch and the skyray are the same torch.I ordered one fome manafont a fair while ago and Im still waiting mean while the stuff I ordered from dealextream at the same time arrived 10 days ago.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Gave the maxtorch Sn6x a good workout in the weekend ,,,,to be honest pretty impressed compared to other torches i own .
    Throw is good ,,,not a mean pencil beam but lights up a good area scanning plenty for bunnies,,jackos and wallabies etc ,,,,,as good as some of the hid we use to a certain range,,, then the hid's take over ,,,,but never the less impressive for a single chip light.
    Will have to use the rangefinder to give exact distances,,,,,but hey for the money bloody good value .
    I also compared the little SUN ZY-C10-S i got from manfont with some of my hotrod x2000's and would have to say on pencil the sun is brighter the build quality is alot better as well ,,,again for the money hard to beat,,,also has a bigger lense than the 2000 ,,,good little all rounder.

Oh nice, I had my charger and batteries arrive from Manafont yesterday, not bad considering I ordered them on Tuesday last week! My torch can only be a couple of days away........Pretty sure I got the Sn6x also, but will know for sure when it gets here. Bugger I should've got a little one similar to what you got Bushrash. I was looking when I did the order but didn't know what to look for (dumb arse similey)!

What batteries does the SUN ZY-C10-S use?

The SUN ZY-C10 run a single 18650 batterie same as the X2000

I got one of the 3 kmlt6 chip fandy fire tourches a while back and man its like daylight...doesn't throw as far as some but lights up a larger area, good searching light. had a single chip one as well with a better spot and its very bright but didn't quite throw as far as the superthrower even with what looked like the same reflector...but way way brighter for the first 150 yards..
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Not so easy to do order for people who don't already have right batts and charger. For SNs you need to get good quality 18650 batts and charger anyway from Manafont or Dealextreme? I'd use Manafont these days as DX has been taking money while not having product in stock lately. The SN may not give runtime with the cheaper blue 18650 batts on trademe.

Here are the batt and charger details:

Stick with these ones - they work well in SNs.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.ph ... set-p-7941

and one of these:

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.ph ... 40v-p-5643)

And while you're there, check this out - appears to be a Skyray branded SN - or very close equivalent. Superior to Fandyfire/Uniquefire copies on various sites:

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.ph ... 23a-p-7191

The Skyray STL-V2 is a beauty. Appears to be same item.

SO.. if you have to get batts and charger from Manafont anyway, I'd just grab a torch as well. I could possibly do another torch order, but don't want to do batts and chargers etc from a seperate company - would take alot of time and extra hassle. And pretty certain that STL-V2 is an SN, whereas other similar variants appear to have lesser quality components.

Thoughts?
    Hey Mudz, just playing catchup! Could you please update the links so I could take a look? Thx in advance

Hi guys - I'm also playing catch up but just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful info on this topic. I am new to the forum which I joined as a result of the topic and info here. I was googling torches as I want a scope mounted LED based light for possum/rabbit hunting and discovered you lot which has been fantastic. I now have two torches and enough batteries to power a small island on their way to my doorstep from Manafont. Looking forward very much to getting my parcel eventually and lighting up the neighbourhood!!

Cheers and look forward to finding lots of other useful info via you gents.

Regards - Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Hi Mudz,
    Have you got any photo's of the beam shots? I have a Dereelight DBS V3 with an aspherical lense using the XML pill on 1 18650 batt, that claims only 300LM. I can looking thru a scope, easily make out a deer at well over 350yrds, lasered. It would be good to see these run side by side on a good night. You can land the Dereelight for around $120NZ
    I have seen a few torches and yet to see one come close to the DBS V3. If the SN 6 is better I would be keen to have a look at one. The Dereelight is interchangable and upgradeable as well which was a selling point for me.
    Just another option for people who are interested in a good torch.
    +1 for aspherical lens. I use a Crelant 7G5 V2 (XM-L) with aspherical lens mainly for deer also. 2 x 18650 batts although I can run if off one as well.

Comparison of the two (with an A9 as well)

I have used the Fandyfire STL-V6 also but the side spill plays havoc with the suppressor on the front end of the barrel. Makes using the scope on 12 power impossible. Plus, I dont want spill and I hate the modes that the Maxtoch etc come with.

The Crelant can also be driven from 12V as well.

LinkBacks (?)