Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Norinco M305, M14 ?

Re: Norinco M305, M14 ?

Oh I see that does make it abit harder, I wouldn't personally file anything at this stage, could you take your trigger group into a local hunting store that has them and compare yours/try it in one of there rifles? Maybe somone here close to you could help, where u located?

sent from my G3 using tapatalk 2

As for ammo I've only used federal 168gr shots decent enough but they ain't too fussy just prefer 168gr thereabout pills from memory

Quote Originally Posted by turner nz View Post
    As for ammo I've only used federal 168gr shots decent enough but they ain't too fussy just prefer 168gr thereabout pills from memory

mine always shot well with the 150grain load from belmont and sellier & bellot 150grain load. Have had no issues with mine which ive had for 6 years from new.

Not fussy at all then. guess its gunna depend on individual rifles too

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya. Problem is it was shipped out of Vancouver B.C., I emailed an told them the issue, haven't heard back. Hoping they will accept an exchange on the trigger group rather than shipping the gun both ways. I was just wondering if any one else had had this issue. Btw, what is a good ammo for these? Can one use commercial hunting rounds, or should I stick with milsurp ammo?

Thanks;
    Drifter
    Go onto Canadian Gun Nutz and PM M14DOC or Barney

Thanks, all! Appreciated. As to the reply to try it in a different gun, it a;so wont work with the triggergroup removed; I cocked it and it still won't let the safety engaged. Luck of the draw, I guess. I'll pick up a couple of boxes of shells and try the gun out, see if there are any other issues.

Thanks again;
    Drifter

Keep us posted how u get on anyhow

Yep, will do. These guns are about as rough as they are cheap. Cycling the action, pulling the op-rod back feels like it is full of sand. Once I resolve the safety issue with the seller, I am going to lap the action; specifically the op-rod and ways, possibly the hammer face and bolt end as well. Will check locking lug contact to see if any lapping is needed there while I am at it. Any of you fine folk out there think of anything else I should check on while I am at it? I pulled and cleaned the gas piston, (boy, they sure oil em' down for the trip across the pond, don't they?) scrubbed the bore and chamber, (a lot of black came out of the bore) and checked the rear sight for operability, made sure the front sight is tight, etc. The rear sight is quite tight to turn one direction, but not the other. Any ideas on this? Is it something I should disassemble and "tune up" as well? Or are they about as good as they get? Thought I might as well get all these niggling things out of the way, I can't pick up any ammo until Tuesday, so might as well do these things while waiting.....

Later all,
    Drifter

I pulled my rear sight off and wire brushed and cleaned it. It will be soaked in oil and have that gritty feel about it, a clean up does wonders.

Get an NM spring guide, GI recoil spring, NM op rod guide. Will cycle a lot smoother.

Thanks, all much appreciated!

Regards,
    Drifter

Well folks. I decided to get off my lazy keester, went out to my little man cave, stripped it down. Lapped the op-rod and ways, lapped bolt lugs, ( head space was quite tight) lapped the bolt slide contact surfaces where it contacts the action. Disassembled the trigger group. stoned the sear contacts, then refitted the safety. It was WAY off; had to remove a fair bit of metal, both where it blocks the trigger and on the hammer latch. Also polished where the bolt and hammer slide against each other when cocking. This gun cycles SO smooth now; trigger pull is smooth, still around 5 pounds. I am anxious to get out to the range now to see what it shoots like. Thanks to all for the suggestions and advice.

Regards,
    Drifter

Oh nice have u got any pics of the work done? I might have to do the same with mine

No, never thought to take pics, but suppose I could take a few tomorrow. Remind me if I forget; I do have a pretty full day, have to go to the next town up the line and get my truck from the repair shop[, but will try. Would have been easier to take them while I was doing the work, but no ever accused me of doing things in the correct order.....

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Why out of VC?
    Surely the freight would be worth more than the gun??