Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Bagheera
  • 1 Post By Staffnurse41

Thread: One Planet Extrovert 55L One Planet pack

One Planet Extrovert 55L One Planet pack

I wanted something a bit bigger than my 40L Macpac NZAC Pursuit, so I could carry 3 or 4 days dehy packets and if luck would have it a bag or two of venison.

This is made in Australia and who could resist the safety orange colour ?
    https://oneplanet.au/product/extrovert/

Here is is, next to the 40L pursuit, with 4 days' supplies.
    All food fits inside (yellow bag). The Pursuit is chocka and the extra food is in the green daybag strapped on top.
    Name:  One Planet and Macpac NZAC pursuit 4 day packs 640.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  204.4 KB

Brief review notes:
    Lighter weight than almost any other frame/harness pack, yet durable so far.
    Very comfortable to carry whether with day gear, full trip or including venison (up to about 20kg). Beautifully balanced and fits well to my back.
    The floating lid is great, allowing a raincoat, binoculars or bag of extra food to be securely stowed on top. Even when the pack is empty it can stick up a bit and get trapped by vines and low branches. (Not as good for bush bashing as the Pursuit)
    Water bottle side pockets are surprisingly good and a hard plastic bottle doesn't get in the way of your hand, nor snag on bushes. Not an essential feature for NZ hunting use.
    Top pockets inside and out on the lid work well. The loop to clip your car keys into is appreciated but could be on an inner pocket instead. A small pocket insider the main bag holds firearms licence and spare ammo but gets in the way a bit when stuffing sleeping bags and clothes past it.
    Alternative optional pockets can be bought to hold a camelback bladder or a laptop inside, or extras on the outside. I expect they make most of their profit from these "supersize" accessories. There are a few straps and buckles a hunter wouldn't use much and they can't easily be detached - will have to be cut off when I decide for sure.
    Carrying a rifle slung over one shoulder is good but if across your back it is just a temporary measure, while climbing up a bank or something.
    matagouri, Cobb and RV1 like this.

Great packs! I brought one about a year ago after buying a Spika Drover 40l pack and being disappointed with the weight of the pack.
    I have a Stoney Creek rifle scabbard fitted and simply tighten rifle to pack with side straps. have recently fitted a pouch to the waist strap for rangefinder, walk-in-talkie and head torch. It carries a load very well and comfortably.
    All up with scabbard and pouch weighs 1.41kgs - good weight a capable & confortable pack with a robust harness

Meant to say 1.41kgs as I did remove / change some of the straps

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    I wanted something a bit bigger than my 40L Macpac NZAC Pursuit, so I could carry 3 or 4 days dehy packets and if luck would have it a bag or two of venison.

This is made in Australia and who could resist the safety orange colour ?
    https://oneplanet.au/product/extrovert/

Here is is, next to the 40L pursuit, with 4 days' supplies.
    All food fits inside (yellow bag). The Pursuit is chocka and the extra food is in the green daybag strapped on top.
    Attachment 217271

Brief review notes:
    Lighter weight than almost any other frame/harness pack, yet durable so far.
    Very comfortable to carry whether with day gear, full trip or including venison (up to about 20kg). Beautifully balanced and fits well to my back.
    The floating lid is great, allowing a raincoat, binoculars or bag of extra food to be securely stowed on top. Even when the pack is empty it can stick up a bit and get trapped by vines and low branches. (Not as good for bush bashing as the Pursuit)
    Water bottle side pockets are surprisingly good and a hard plastic bottle doesn't get in the way of your hand, nor snag on bushes. Not an essential feature for NZ hunting use.
    Top pockets inside and out on the lid work well. The loop to clip your car keys into is appreciated but could be on an inner pocket instead. A small pocket insider the main bag holds firearms licence and spare ammo but gets in the way a bit when stuffing sleeping bags and clothes past it.
    Alternative optional pockets can be bought to hold a camelback bladder or a laptop inside, or extras on the outside. I expect they make most of their profit from these "supersize" accessories. There are a few straps and buckles a hunter wouldn't use much and they can't easily be detached - will have to be cut off when I decide for sure.
    Carrying a rifle slung over one shoulder is good but if across your back it is just a temporary measure, while climbing up a bank or something.
    Thanks for review. I have a MacMillan which has served me well but this looks like a good option for a weekend hunt.
    Where did source it from?

If you South, then Southern adventures stock this model and in fact most of the One Planet gear
    GSP HUNTER likes this.

Trek n travel in Hamilton

Thanks for the write up. Do you think this pack would handle the occasional 30kg load without coming apart and remaining comfortable enough to carry?
    Cheers Phil