Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jvaughan

Thread: One planet sleeping bag

One planet sleeping bag

https://dwights.co.nz/products/one-planet-nitrous-3?variant=29376144441422

Anyone got one of these?
    I was thinking about getting one for up coming roar/rut trips as its lightweight I figured it would be good as its going to be a few big missions walking wise.
    Question is will it be warm enough for late March to late April bush edge hunting.
    Will be getting decent mat with high r rating to keep off ground.

I rate the One Planet sleeping bags i have had as far better than the Macpac equivalent.
    (lighter and warmer)

I’ve got the OnePlanet Cocoon, had it for a few years now & cant fault it. Light, warm & packs down small

Ned
    Got a cocoon -3 and rate it. Use a sea to summit liner. I feel the cold and have been warm enough using this set up mid Autumn early Spring no problems.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Rate them. Got the cocoon and it works well
    , light enough and built in Victoria. I was looking at their synthetic bag for a summer weight bag.

We have purchased 2 cocoons and one Nitrous because of the good value they represent. Plus Craig at Southern Adventure in Invercargill somehow seems to have them at a much better price any than anyone else.
    The length of them seems longer than equivalent Macpac bags, they cram well, they are warm, well made and light. Hard to see a downside

Another vote for the cocoon -11, they are one of the best warmth to weight to price ratios you will find

If you were going top bushline for reds and fallow March April thoughts on what you recommend. Cocoon or nitrous

I’ve got a One Planet bungle -10 (with 850 loft down), best bag I found for warmth / weight / price. Absolutely mint bag, really good quality construction, lofts up heaps and even waking up to fresh snow outside while on the tops Ive never had a cold night. Bungle was a better option for me as its got the full zip so can be opened into a duvet in huts etc, and its got more of a hood than the nitrous I think. Will end up getting a nitrous as a summer tenting & hut bag at some stage.

-3 should be sweet for under the bushline, good R-value pad helps heaps (4.5 or higher), as does having thermals and a puffer jacket to throw on if needed.

One planet bags use the same shell for the different temp ratings too (just a different amount of down fill) so if the -3 isnt warm enough you can send it to one planet or twinneedle and they’ll add more down to it
    Basenjiboy likes this.

Thanks for the feedback cheers