Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree25Likes
  • 17 Post By Mangle
  • 1 Post By SpeightsDrinker
  • 2 Post By 30.06king
  • 2 Post By Zedrex
  • 1 Post By Stag
  • 2 Post By csmiffy

Thread: Piercing the Darkness (Big ups)

Piercing the Darkness (Big ups)

Greetings...what a legend Jacob is who runs the show...due to being skint and in need of a new torch i signed msel away to the devil by way of an Afterpay account...lets just say i will never use their service again, i would rather stick needles in my eyes than try and negotiate chat bots and yeah you get the drift
    ...anyway throughout the 'dispute' process which by the way had nothing to do with Jacob he kept me fully informed...replied to my emails out of hours and at weekends, and just set down a level of service that is so rare in this day and age....anyway i got my L21B last night and was blown away to say the least...i had always heard good things about Piercing the Darkness on this forum and the very least i can do is pass on to you all how impressed i was with how this was dealt with from Jacob's end and how happy i am with his products....Cheers...Angus

I’ve brought a few things off him and he was always super into it. I’ll be in the market for a new head torch soon and it will 100% be off him
    Pengy likes this.

thanks for the heads up will try him - in the market for new spot light/ torch - have had a big LED Lenser- but as a spotlight just to bright - glare biggest problem - just to white - shows a lot of glare especially if grass is wet - and its big - got to be something better out there

I purchased a headlamp and some extras from Jacob in the last few weeks. Dealing with him was excellent. All service and no hassle or BS. Can't ask for better than that.
    Trout and Pengy like this.

So far I've bought two head torches (one each for me n future wifey) a couple of torches with rifle/scope mounts and the associated remote switches from Jacob.
    His service is excellent and the gear is top notch without breaking the bank. Top banana
    Trout and Pengy like this.
    expect nothing, appreciate everything - and there's ALWAYS something to appreciate

Purchased batteries, batterie cases, torch and lamp for hut, all great kit, highly recommend.
    Scott29er likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    thanks for the heads up will try him - in the market for new spot light/ torch - have had a big LED Lenser- but as a spotlight just to bright - glare biggest problem - just to white - shows a lot of glare especially if grass is wet - and its big - got to be something better out there
    Got a small green torch off him year or so ago. Goes very well for the size.
    Does some others too. And yes very good to deal with
    DemocKot and Scott29er like this.

Brought torches as well, great products and services
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In the same boat. Had an issue with the on/off button on a light I wasn’t even sure I got off him.
    Contacted and described the torch/situation, didn’t even expect a reply. Came back to me immediately with a fix. which worked!

Must get another one off him.

I got this through piercing the darkness. https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.n...e/cyansky-hs6r
    A really good headlamp and you can purchase a spare rechargeable battery if you were on a long trip. I got mine on special but still a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott29er View Post
    I got this through piercing the darkness. https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.n...e/cyansky-hs6r
    A really good headlamp and you can purchase a spare rechargeable battery if you were on a long trip. I got mine on special but still a good deal.
    I bought this same headtorch but the strap didn't have the central strap at the time. I always wear mine over a lightweight peaked cap which achieves the same thing. Rather than just buying a spare battery, I bought one of the Convoy S2+ lights that takes the same 18650 battery so that I have redundancy in lighting systems, there's a battery there to switch into the headtorch if needed and also the range of the Convoy S2+(replaced by S8 now?) is better than the surprisingly powerful spot on the headtorch. Useful for scoping out routes at night or even shorter range scanning for animals as it's so compact it can just be in your pocket all the time.

I have to agree with everyone else, the products offered have been well thought out and the service is really good. Makes it so easy to get a great product without having to do a load of research as Jacob has done it for us!
    Last edited by Steelisreal; 28-04-2024 at 04:46 PM.