Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By HuntBeta
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By blip
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By m101a1
  • 5 Post By MB
  • 1 Post By Marty Henry

Thread: Pre-made FA kits

Pre-made FA kits

Most of my stuff is well past its use by date, so I'm taking the opportunity to start from scratch.

Who makes a good kit that hits most of the bases for hunting use? Ideally I'd like it to go on my belt next to my plb, so not too bulky.
    If it came with a clotting powder and Israeli bandage right off the bat that would be great.

I know twin needle used to make one that was considered pretty good but they've been out of stock for a while now.

Speak to Kane at KT services. We use them for all our equipment needs. https://ktservices.nz/product-catego...t-aid-medical/

Nothing is cheap anymore.
    Micky Duck likes this.

past its use by date...cracks me up that a bandage sealed in plastic wrap is somehow supposedly now no longer usable.
    RV1 likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    past its use by date...cracks me up that a bandage sealed in plastic wrap is somehow supposedly now no longer usable.
    might get sick if you eat it
    RV1 likes this.
    may be sarcastic may be a bad joke

MB
    Commercially available kits have too much stuff in them to my mind. Everything is a balance though, risk of carrying shit around that you'll never use versus not having something when you need it.

Another plug for Pracmed. Quality product, very knowledgeable and "been there done that"

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    Hah, normally I'd agree, but what set me off was opening up a bandage for a scrape on my finger only to find out the bloody adhesive had died.

half dozen sticky plaster,panadol,antihistimine ,couple of bandages and safety pins......you know them metal thing grandma used to use for nappies....
    and a roll of insulation tape...will be able to deal with most minor things...if its past that stage and your clothing isnt enough...well probably nothing short of a suitcase size kit will be of any more use.
    one of the best first aid courses I have taken was an outdoor first aid one.... Donna Hitchcock was instructer...question was posed "your walking down nudist beach with only a towel,and stand on broken glass...what ya gunna do??? yip use the plurry towel...cause its what you have got on hand to use"
    that has stuck with me for 30years......I have two commercial kits....sorry make that 4 and honestly in last 25 years,we have used one bandage and a couple of sticky plasters....
    Marty Henry likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Name:  IMG20231212200227[1].jpg
Views: 244
Size:  2.71 MB these are what you need I rip my skin off real easy on arms so put on, one last 3 days inc showers cost about $6
    at bargin chemist a pack . The bandaid is the better 1 90mm x45
    Micky Duck likes this.

MB
    If you're a middle aged or older bloke, add an aspirin tablet to your kit. In the event of chest pain/heart attack, take 300mg. It might make all the difference. It's one tablet to carry and the risk of taking a single dose is minimal. I don't know why this isn't pushed more. A soluble tablet is a good idea as it can be held in the mouth until it dissolves for rapid absorption.
    Micky Duck, m101a1, RV1 and 2 others like this.

Some good reading in previous threads too:
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....aid-kit-50098/

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....22/index4.html

I'm sure there's another good one, but the search thing isn't working for me at the mo.
    bunji likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    If you're a middle aged or older bloke, add an aspirin tablet to your kit. In the event of chest pain/heart attack, take 300mg. It might make all the difference. It's one tablet to carry and the risk of taking a single dose is minimal. I don't know why this isn't pushed more. A soluble tablet is a good idea as it can be held in the mouth until it dissolves for rapid absorption.
    Good advice however They taste terrible and it's even worse if you swallow one with a sip of water.
    Micky Duck likes this.

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Good advice however They taste terrible and it's even worse if you swallow one with a sip of water.
    Bad taste or dying? Take a concrete pill at the same time