Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Rab mythic ultra 360 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    @dale what was wrong with the Epic 800 you just got rid of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to get it washed, and when I got it back I noticed that one of the baffles all the down had decided to move fucked me right off
    Danny and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    I have looked into the western mountaineering but they wouldn’t ship from the site I looked at. Where have you got your one from? Thanks.
    Hermits Hut, don’t know how to post link but will pop up on google straight away

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    You can borrow my Fairydown Polar, Take your Hot water bottle and Teddy or take a lightweight bag to put over the top of the main bag
    Fluer makes a good Teddy hahaha

but I juts grabbed out my big sleeping bag again. I did actually consider a hot water bottle to be fair.
    Danny and Moa Hunter like this.

Rab mythic ultra 360 ??

I remember being in a Urewera hut back in the 80’s and my poppa did the old clever hot water bottle trick.
    Before dawn I heard a loud bang and so jumped up off my bunk bed to see this frozen bottle had fallen out of his sleeping again. He was sound asleep… I can tell you I wasn’t.
    I’ve always been a cold sleeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    Dan M

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    I decided to get it washed, and when I got it back I noticed that one of the baffles all the down had decided to move fucked me right off
    Didn't someone write in the Forum a while back that Twin Needle are doing a bag washing / remove the down and re-fluff, put it back in for $60. This would be a way perhaps of getting your bag sorted ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stag View Post
    Considered it when I did my research over the last month. One thing was clear they are a narrow compact unit which would drive me nuts.

I just ordered a Western Mountaineering Megalite with an extra shot of down. Their reviews are pretty much 5 star across the board. Was $777nzd landed from Hermits Hut and the extra shot of down was a free offer. This will make the bag 736grms and comfort to -4. Over time down bags loose some integrity so a bit of headroom should be considered. This bag has a tone of room which I like.

Western Mountaineering have a good honest website with useful info. I have read hundreds of reviews and landed on this bag.
    I’ve just had one of these arrive on my doorstep. Like you I did the research and these came up trumps everytime. Seems like an awesome bag. Plenty of room, I got the 6 foot 6 one, light but great loft. If you were going to get a bag to last for a very long time, this would be it.
    Stag likes this.

+1 for the WM megalite, nice bags esp if your a bigger boned chap. One Planet Cocoon also great bags
    Stag likes this.

+1 for one planet bags (hell of a lot cheaper than Rab too). Still really lightweight compared to macpac/stoney creek etc. Bloody wrapped with my bungle -10 as a near year-round bag, best bit of kit I’ve bought. The cocoon model is similar but lighter again due to no full foot zipper
    Ned likes this.

Western Mountaineering make a nice bag. I’ve had an Apache with a Pertex outer for some years. Used it a fair bit in Canada and NZ in the snow and never cold.

If you want to have insurance ie down jacket and bottoms, look for the Mont (Japanese company) pants. The make a nice down pant that is pretty light and packs small. Less that 200 aud.

If interested I’ll post a pic up.

Ned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jvaughan View Post
    +1 for one planet bags (hell of a lot cheaper than Rab too). Still really lightweight compared to macpac/stoney creek etc. Bloody wrapped with my bungle -10 as a near year-round bag, best bit of kit I’ve bought. The cocoon model is similar but lighter again due to no full foot zipper
    After a fair bit of reading and research I went for the One Planet Cocoon. Very happy with the value for money. Had it a couple of years now. Zip all good. No leakage etc. If I wanted a warmer/cooler bag I'd buy one of these again.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk