Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Happy Jack
  • 1 Post By Sika 8
  • 2 Post By scotty
  • 1 Post By SikaHuntaa

Thread: Which Satellite Messenger

Just some bloke

Which Satellite Messenger

Has anyone had experience with Zoleo? And how they would compare it to an InReach?
    Also which one provides better weather updates?

For context, I have an InReach Mini. Does what it says on the box but the cheaper plans of Zoleo are tempting..
    Any other reasons to/not to make the switch over?

Just don't try the vodafone,starlink option when it arrives. You will be paying vodafone for life as they are the most useless company in NZ
    blip likes this.
    Happy Jack.

I see Spark are going the same with the satellite service shortly anyway, can only be a good thing for us outdoor folk
    bigbear likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sika 8 View Post
    I see Spark are going the same with the satellite service shortly anyway, can only be a good thing for us outdoor folk
    i think this will be a "must offer" component for providers in the near future or they will just lose customers by the bucketload
    Jukes and Sika 8 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    i think this will be a "must offer" component for providers in the near future or they will just lose customers by the bucketload
    Yeah they had no choice really!

Just some bloke
    Quote Originally Posted by Sika 8 View Post
    Quite looking forward to the day that happens!

I run the Zoleo- haven't had anything to do with an inReach but the Zoleo has worked mint so far- weather updates on it have been accurate and got me out of a couple hairy blocks before the rain on a couple occasions.
    CooeeBay likes this.

Just some bloke
    Quote Originally Posted by SikaHuntaa View Post
    I run the Zoleo- haven't had anything to do with an inReach but the Zoleo has worked mint so far- weather updates on it have been accurate and got me out of a couple hairy blocks before the rain on a couple occasions.
    Have you ever found it annoying that you can only type messages off the phone? I like not solely relying on just one device - can send messages off the in reach if my phone, dies, breaks etc - that being said, its never come down to it..

Quote Originally Posted by SoreLegs View Post
    Have you ever found it annoying that you can only type messages off the phone? I like not solely relying on just one device - can send messages off the in reach if my phone, dies, breaks etc - that being said, its never come down to it..
    Nah, its just what I'm used to at this stage of the game. When I compared the 2 I just preferred the cheaper plans really- not quite sure how my large fingers that struggle to text off my phone normally would go txting off a inreach